Job Requisition:Technical Advisor (E-3 Aircraft Variants)
Leidos is seeking a Technical Advisor who specializes in E-3 Aircraft Maintenance to support the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Technical Advisor will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a U.S. Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew.
- Knowledgeable of aviation safety & security procedures related to aircraft maintenance.
- Knowledgeable of RSAF supply procedure and Manuals as they pertain to daily operations, reporting and maintenance management procedures.
- Knowledgeable of the E-3K, KE-3A and RE-3A Airframes and installed system.
- Knowledgeable of Aircraft Structures, Miscellaneous System, CFM56-2A-2 Engines and maintenance operations.
- Will be required to create a wide variety of maintenance reports.
- The SMA is the focal point between the RSAF and the contractor to support AWACS maintenance squadron mission requirement.
- Manages all contractors maintenance support (CMS) employees.
- Coordinates with United States Military Training Mission and Technical Coordination Group personnel as directed by the MSC.
- Provides technical recommendation and training to assigned RSAF personnel.
- When directed by the MSC – the SMA will correspond with all internal /external organization to accomplish AWACS maintenance work requirements.
- Ensures CMS employees are in compliance with contract requirements.
- Advises the MSC with regard to pending aircraft modification requirements such as provisioning, training, and technical support.
- Shall have a Bachelor degree or commensurate practical work experience managing aircraft maintenance.
- Must be qualified and specialized in an Aircraft Maintenance Technician skill level.
- Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) to twenty-five (25) years of Aircraft Maintenance experience.
- At least five (5) years of experience must be equivalent to the USAF nine (9) skill level or Civilian equivalent.
- Applicant must provide copies of technical training certificates/ technical diplomas that demonstrate training in this specialty.
- U.S. DoD Security Clearance – Secret preferred.
- Selected individual may have previously worked as an advisor in one of the RSAF maintenance flights.
- Must be able to demonstrate past examples of cultural adaptability and ability to establish a trusted professional relationship with an international customer.
- Arabic language proficiency.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.