Job Requisition:Senior Systems Engineer (C4I Systems)
Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer who specializes in C4I Systems (Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence) to support the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Candidates must possess a Secret security clearance in order to be considered. The Senior C4I Systems Engineer will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a U.S. Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew.
- Provide the technical expertise for ensuring application of current C4 concepts and strategies to RSAF requirements. Ensure RSAF C4I systems and procedures satisfy good operational concepts, organizational principles, and management needs, and incorporate current system technologies and air operational techniques.
- Evaluate RSAF programmatic difficulties and provide acceptable solutions to overcome them. Identify errors in the systems and propose corrective actions, including systems integration and documentation.
- Provide expertise in maintaining a database of problems by suite and recommended solution actions, to include follow-up information to ensure compliance with necessary actions.
- Perform other staff functions, such as presentation of staff correspondence and papers. Attend meetings and conferences and prepare briefings as required.
- Perform special functions, management of programs/projects as assigned, and other duties as required.
- Supports the RSAF Officer-in-Charge by:
- Coordinating C4I program engineering and management activities.
- Coordinating closely with C4I program sites on all aspects of site engineering/maintenance.
- Keeping him informed of the real-time maintenance status of all C4I sites to brief his Officer-in-charge, whenever required.
- Training RSAF personnel, as required.
- Suggesting improvements to the C4I system and to maintenance procedures.
- Performing maintenance functions, as required.
- Providing support and advising on manning requirements for the system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering and Fifteen (15) years prior C4I Systems experience involving Communications, Computers, Data Processing, and Surveillance equipment.
- Ten (10) years prior experience with C4I systems and at least three (3) years prior experience with systems which are a part of the RSAF C4I Network.
- Must have working knowledge with the Peace Shield System or similar, modern C4I system.
- Must have been trained on Prime Mission Equipment (PME) system and subsystems.
- Must have excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work independently, completing multiple and often competing tasks.
- Must have supervisory and managerial experience in C4I system management, installation, integration, testing, operation and maintenance.
- Must have experience with TADIL-A operation and Interface equipment, including Data Terminal Set, Encryption Devices, and UHF/VHF/HF Radios.
- Must have working knowledge of various functional areas of the C4I system.
- U.S. DoD Security Clearance – Secret preferred.
- Prior experience at a military Field Grade Officer level is desirable.
- Knowledge of Aircraft Operational Flight Programs (e.g. Fighters) concepts and systems, including knowledge of current computing technology with functional knowledge of Electronic Warfare (EW) systems.
- Must be able to demonstrate past examples of cultural adaptability and ability to establish a trusted professional relationship with an international customer.
- Arabic language proficiency.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.