Job Requisition:Helicopter Technical Advisor
Leidos is seeking a Helicopter Technical Advisor to provide technical assistance and advice on a wide variety of helicopter maintenance, servicing, inspection actions and ground support activities to support the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Candidates must possess a Secret security clearance in order to be considered. The Helicopter Technical Advisor will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a US Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew.
- Provides technical assistance and advice on a wide variety of helicopter maintenance, servicing, inspection actions and ground support activities.
- Conducts analysis of and suggest solutions for problems associated with maintaining helicopter systems and related support equipment.
- Conduct reviews of and suggests changes to modification proposals, contracts, and maintenance activity Statements of Work (SOW) submitted by various contractors, vendors and/or foreign governments and making appropriate recommendations.
- Review, update, and revise requirements for skill levels, manpower, facilities, training, technical data, tooling, equipment, and spares to support helicopters and helicopter systems.
- Coordinate various aspects of requirements for the logistic, maintenance, contracting and supply elements needed to ensure the viable functioning of operational military helicopters.
- Monitor helicopter status on a daily/weekly and monthly basis and act on those problems/situations that may have a negative impact on operational ready rates.
- Participate in and prepare/present briefings for staff meetings and follow up on action items.
- Draft and prepare for DoAM staff signature all correspondence (letters and messages) related to daily HQ staff functions concerning helicopters.
- Review tech data, TCTOs, MDRs, TPDIRs and other pertinent helicopter maintenance publications for accuracy, applicability & technical content and recommend changes as needed.
- Train RSAF personnel (OJT – On the job training
- Shall have an Aircraft Maintenance Technical Diploma, Experience as a helicopter technician or Supervisor. Knowledge of aircraft electrical and mechanical maintenance
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience
Knowledge of helicopter maintenance technician and/or supervisor is mandatory.
- Active Secret clearance required
- Total experience: 10 years; At least five (5) yrs. experience equivalent to RSAF AB212, Bell 412EP Helicopters
- Helicopters manufacturer's technical training certificates :AB212, Bell 412EP Helicopters
- Knowledge of RSAF Technical Terminology
- Strong written English written communication skills are mandatory.
- Knowledge of operation and use of personal computers and the GOLDesp System.
- Determines maintenance requirements such as parts, clearances, tolerance, and corrosion damage.
- Determine correct repair procedures to repair/overhaul defective equipment
- Interpretation of wiring diagrams, blueprints and technical publication are mandatory.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.