Leidos is seeking a Senior Information and Communications (ICT) Systems Engineer who specializes in C4I Systems (Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence) to support the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Senior C4I ICT Systems Engineer will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a U.S. Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew.
- C4I Senior ICT Systems Engineer shall have a minimum of fifteen (15) years diverse experience in IT, Telecommunications, and C4I Systems to include system and product level architecture, design, and engineering experience.
- Shall have a thorough knowledge of the most up-to-date IT and Telecommunications Technologies and a complete understanding of TDM, Cell Based, and Packet Based communications Technologies.
- Shall have comprehensive understanding of PDH, SDH, ATM, and IP protocols and technologies and various switching technologies. Likewise, the candidate shall have full understanding of various IT technologies (computing platforms, operating environments, databases, web technologies, etc.)
- Shall have experience in developing requirements, writing Statements of Requirements, Statements of Works, etc.
- Shall have individual hands-on experience as well as experience in managing and leading teams of various sizes to achieve technical objectives.
- Shall have project management experience and be able to lead/guide project management teams through various IT and /or Telecom project implementations.
- Shall have knowledge of legacy PABX and modern IP Based PABX technologies and products and the ability to design/architect as to how to evolve the legacy systems into the modern systems.
- Shall have knowledge of various software applications and experience with software that supports telecommunication systems.
- Shall have experience in performing analysis and deriving MTBF, MTTR, etc., based on historical maintenance data, FIT rates or field data and have familiarity using Markov models and series/parallel models in determining systems' level reliability/availability analysis.
- Shall be knowledgeable about ITIL, eTOM, TMN, and other frameworks or standards.
- Shall have experience in process development/process re-engineering.
- Shall possess excellent communications skills including writing, as well as oral communications skills with large or small audiences.
- Shall have a positive attitude and a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Supports the RSAF Officer-in-Charge by:
- Actively advising and assisting the Section Director (Center Director) in all technical as well as non-technical matters.
- Fully supporting, when required, the activities at the DECC Directorate Level.
- Initiating, Coordinating, reviewing, and participating in a wide variety of IT, Telecom, and C4I technical, operational, and training related initiatives/activities for improving the C4I Environment.
- Studying existing systems and operations so as to identify new systems or system upgrades, then manage improvement from early stages of implementation to completion.
- Developing, proposing or reviewing System Architecture/Design for IT, Telecom and/or C4I Systems/Equipment so that there is an optimum fit with the existing RSAF C4I Systems.
- Leading technical teams for improving and upgrading RSAF C4I.
- Taking initiative by himself rather than awaiting specific direction.
- Performing analysis to determine measures for successful C4I operations.
- Provide briefings on technical C4I matters.
- Guiding other associates in improving the RSAF C4I System.
- Shall have a Master of Science degree in Electrical, Electronics or Computer Engineering from a reputable American or European institution.
- The candidate shall have a minimum of fifteen (15) years' experience in fielding and managing communications systems, with a minimum of 3 years supporting an Air Force (RSAF preferred) at the Wing or the Headquarters.
- Ph.D. degree in Electrical, Electronics or Computer Engineering from a reputable American or European institution is highly desirable.
- U.S. DoD Security Clearance - Secret preferred.
- Prior experience at a military Field Grade Officer level is desirable.
- Must be able to demonstrate past examples of cultural adaptability and ability to establish a trusted professional relationship with an international customer.
- Arabic language proficiency.