Leidos is seeking a Configuration Engineer who specializes in C4I Systems (Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence) to support the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The C4I Configuration Engineer will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a U.S. Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew.
- Shall be fully conversant with the equipment, facilities and installations in use in the RSAF or have had experience on equipment, facilities, installations or systems of the similar type and generation in a military environment.
- Shall be capable of instructing RSAF personnel and producing training material and provide On- the-Job training in Configuration systems.
- Shall have experience and understand the interrelations between specifications, drawings, technical orders, logistics data, and operations manuals.
- Daily Tasks
- Input Configuration Data
- Hardware Change Requests
- Software Change Requests
- Document Change Request
- Update Master Site Allocation Document (SAD).
- Incorporate Specification Changes
- Software Requirement Specifications
- Hardware Specifications
- Interface Control Documents
- Weekly Tasks
- Write Engineering Change Proposals.
- Provide Change Status Accounting
- Attend Change Review Board Meetings
- Assist engineering identifying related documents affected by a proposed change.
- Prepare Agendas for the Change Review Board
- Prepare Engineering Change Packages for Change Review Board
- Prepare minutes of the Change Review Board
- Monthly Tasks
- Perform Configuration Audits
- Create specification change packages for distribution
- Annual Tasks
- Write and Implement Configuration Management Plan
- Derive CM Requirements for vendors or subcontractors
- Audit vendors or subcontractors for CM compliance
- Physical Configuration Audit (can be done on select sub-systems)
- Functional Configuration Audit (if necessary)
- The candidate shall have a minimum of Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Systems/Industrial Engineering, Electrical, Electronics, Communications, or Computer Science.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management relational database application.
- C4I Configuration Engineer shall have a minimum of seven (7) years' experience in Command and Control and Air Defense Systems.
- U.S. DoD Security Clearance - Secret preferred.
- Prior experience at a military Field Grade Officer level is desirable.
- Must be able to demonstrate past examples of cultural adaptability and ability to establish a trusted professional relationship with an international customer.
- Arabic language proficiency.