Leidos is seeking a Technical Advisor who specializes in E-3 Aircraft Maintenance to support the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Technical Advisor will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a U.S. Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew.
- Knowledgeable of aviation safety & security procedures related to aircraft maintenance.
- Knowledgeable of RSAF supply procedure and Manuals as they pertain to daily operations, reporting and maintenance management procedures.
- Knowledgeable of the E-3K, KE-3A and RE-3A Airframes and installed system.
- Knowledgeable of Aircraft Structures, Miscellaneous System, CFM56-2A-2 Engines and maintenance operations.
- Will be required to create a wide variety of maintenance reports.
- The SMA is the focal point between the RSAF and the contractor to support AWACS maintenance squadron mission requirement.
- Manages all contractors maintenance support (CMS) employees.
- Coordinates with United States Military Training Mission and Technical Coordination Group personnel as directed by the MSC.
- Provides technical recommendation and training to assigned RSAF personnel.
- When directed by the MSC - the SMA will correspond with all internal /external organization to accomplish AWACS maintenance work requirements.
- Ensures CMS employees are in compliance with contract requirements.
- Advises the MSC with regard to pending aircraft modification requirements such as provisioning, training, and technical support.
- Shall have a Bachelor degree or commensurate practical work experience managing aircraft maintenance.
- Must be qualified and specialized in an Aircraft Maintenance Technician skill level.
- Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) to twenty-five (25) years of Aircraft Maintenance experience.
- At least five (5) years of experience must be equivalent to the USAF nine (9) skill level or Civilian equivalent.
- Applicant must provide copies of technical training certificates/ technical diplomas that demonstrate training in this specialty.
- U.S. DoD Security Clearance - Secret preferred.
- Selected individual may have previously worked as an advisor in one of the RSAF maintenance flights.
- Must be able to demonstrate past examples of cultural adaptability and ability to establish a trusted professional relationship with an international customer.
- Arabic language proficiency.