Leidos is seeking a Helicopter Technical Advisor to provide technical assistance and advice on a wide variety of helicopter maintenance, servicing, inspection actions and ground support activities to support the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Candidates must possess a Secret security clearance in order to be considered. The Helicopter Technical Advisor will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a US Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew.
- Provides technical assistance and advice on a wide variety of helicopter maintenance, servicing, inspection actions and ground support activities.
- Conducts analysis of and suggest solutions for problems associated with maintaining helicopter systems and related support equipment.
- Conduct reviews of and suggests changes to modification proposals, contracts, and maintenance activity Statements of Work (SOW) submitted by various contractors, vendors and/or foreign governments and making appropriate recommendations.
- Review, update, and revise requirements for skill levels, manpower, facilities, training, technical data, tooling, equipment, and spares to support helicopters and helicopter systems.
- Coordinate various aspects of requirements for the logistic, maintenance, contracting and supply elements needed to ensure the viable functioning of operational military helicopters.
- Monitor helicopter status on a daily/weekly and monthly basis and act on those problems/situations that may have a negative impact on operational ready rates.
- Participate in and prepare/present briefings for staff meetings and follow up on action items.
- Draft and prepare for DoAM staff signature all correspondence (letters and messages) related to daily HQ staff functions concerning helicopters.
- Review tech data, TCTOs, MDRs, TPDIRs and other pertinent helicopter maintenance publications for accuracy, applicability & technical content and recommend changes as needed.
- Train RSAF personnel (OJT - On the job training
- Shall have an Aircraft Maintenance Technical Diploma, Experience as a helicopter technician or Supervisor. Knowledge of aircraft electrical and mechanical maintenance
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of helicopter maintenance technician and/or supervisor is mandatory.
- Active Secret clearance required
- Total experience: 10 years; At least five (5) yrs. experience equivalent to RSAF AB212, Bell 412EP Helicopters
- Helicopters manufacturer's technical training certificates :AB212, Bell 412EP Helicopters
- Knowledge of RSAF Technical Terminology
- Strong written English written communication skills are mandatory.
- Knowledge of operation and use of personal computers and the GOLDesp System.
- Determines maintenance requirements such as parts, clearances, tolerance, and corrosion damage.
- Determine correct repair procedures to repair/overhaul defective equipment
- Interpretation of wiring diagrams, blueprints and technical publication are mandatory.