Are you interested in continuing your career in Europe in a mission focused environment? Leidos Defense has established positions throughout the European theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense on a newly awarded program. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement US AFRICOM's mission objectives.
What You'll Get to Do:
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Systems Engineer, Hardware. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US AFRICOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
- Responsible for hardware maintenance support for network, storage, workstation, server, and cyber tools on a geographically dispersed Enterprise network with multiple hardware platforms.
- Install/remove/relocate servers, server and PC blade chassis, switches, storage area network (SAN) equipment, desktop computers, analogue KVM switching equipment, rack mount consoles and peripherals.
- Install/remove network, SAN and KVM cables. Install processor, memory, hard drive, power supply, fan, CD/DVD-RW, network interface card, host bus adapter card, array controller, graphics card and sound card upgrades in new servers and desktop computers. Install/maintain equipment racks to include ground cables, blower assemblies, power strips and blank panels Troubleshoot hardware malfunctions on servers, server and PC blade chassis, SANs, desktop computers, laptops, analogue KVM switching systems, rack mount consoles and peripherals.
- Maintain core datacenter infrastructure, being sure to follow cabling and organization standards.
- Troubleshoot network, SAN and KVM cables. Remove/replace failed system boards, processors, memory, hard drives, array controllers, network interface cards, host bus adapter cards, video cards, sound cards, power supplies, fans, CD/DVD-RWs, and tape drives.
- Perform server diagnostics and firmware updates.
- Maintain hardware maintenance equipment inventory
- Must demonstrate the ability to pay keen attention to detail, possess a strong customer service orientation, and have the ability to work as part of a team.
- Provides work direction and guidance to others.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Works in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Experienced in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- Providing hardware maintenance support to network, storage, workstation, server, and cyber tools.
- Performs Life Cycle Management functions for hardware items that have maintenance responsibilities.
- Provides Life Cycle Replacement (LCR) and Engineering recommendations based on industry standards, manufacturer end of life, end-of-support notices, and new hardware testing runoffs.
- Provides remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Must hold and maintain an active DOD Secret Clearance
- BA/BS + 5 years, AA/AS +9 years, a major cert + 9 years or 13 years of recent specialized experience
- MCSE Certification
- CompTIA Security + (IAT Level II or greater)
- TESA eligibility
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- ITIL v3 - Foundation
- CompTIA A+/Network+
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Experience with network storage (SAN/NAS)
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
- Experience working with and supporting Cisco Routers and Switches
- Experience with DoD IT security requirements
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM and/or other automatic reporting tools