Job Requisition:Software Engineer
Innovate and create at Leidos!
We have no shortage of challenging technical and research problems. Join Leidos team and apply your talents to solve them. We are looking for , our new Software Engineer to work to work in Dayton, Ohio within a team of developers to implement requirements and new features in an existing software application. Come work in a great agile-like research & development environment and let your career soar with us.
Things our Software Engineers do on the job:
• Troubleshoot, characterize and correct software programming errors and correct existing program deficiencies.
• Document software solutions, participate in technical meetings, and coordinate activity with other team members.
• Creatively troubleshoot and solve software problems, and analyze performance problems.
• Support research, engineering, and development of innovative solutions to support operational missions.
To be successful in this job you will need these:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline or a Bachelor’s of Science in math/physics/engineering with multiple years of real world programming experience with at least 4 years of experience
• Must have a secret security clearance
• Experience with software development life-cycle products from requirements, design, implementation, and testing phases
• Must be able to perform C/C++ and Java programming
• Must be able to perform Windows and Linux programming for 32-bit (and 64-bit) systems
• Familiarity with avionics equipment and/or avionics service bus communications
• Ability to do software/hardware integration
• Familiar with multi-threaded, and IP socket programming techniques
• Perform software modeling and simulation of hardware components as part of a larger system.
• Ability to work independently &/or under supervision of other
• Familiar with Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, or NetBean IDEs
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Software development/engineering experience with open architectures such as Open Mission Systems.
• Practical Knowledge of UML design tools
• Multi-level security development experience
• Requirements analysis
• Network programming
• Embedded Real Time Software experience or low-level hardware interfacing experience (such as using embedded hobby boards like the Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Launchpad, Beagle, etc.).
• Possess the ability to work in a team environment.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering1000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.