Are you interested in continuing your career in Europe in a mission focused environment? Leidos Defense Group has established upcoming positions throughout the European theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense on newly awarded contracts. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement AFRICOM's mission objectives on a newly awarded contract.Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Software Developer. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US AFRICOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
More About the Role:
The successful candidate must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner. The candidate will be required to work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts. The candidate must be experienced in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
AFRICOM's Knowledge Management and Collaboration division seeks to develop KM solutions using agile methodology embodying best UI/UX principles. In this role, you will:
- Works with Scrum team to develop business process improvement software packages.
- Support and code client side and/or server side applications.
- Test code for accuracy and ensure interoperability and completeness within the production enviornment
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to the development staff.
- Provide remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Must hold and maintain active Secret Clearance
- BA/BS + 5 years recent specialized or AA/AS + 7 years recent specialized or a major cert + 9 years recent specialized or 11 years of recent specialized experience
- MCPD certification
- CompTIA Security + (IAT Level II or greater)
- Understand software development using Agile methodology.
- TESA eligibility
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- ITIL v3 - Foundation
- Experience with AngularJS, Angular, TypeScript, Bootstrap, Node.js, Knockout, Handlebars.js, JSON
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
- Experience with DoD IT security requirements
- Experience in a DevOps environment