Are you interested in continuing your career in Europe in a mission focused environment? Leidos Defense Group has established upcoming positions throughout the European theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense on a newly awarded contract. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement of EUCOM's mission objectives.
What You'll Get to Do:
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Network Unified Comms (UC) Administrator. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US EUCOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting, repairing and supporting all networked Audio Visual (AV), Voice and Video over IP (VVoIP), Voice over IP (VoIP) and Video Teleconferencing (VTC) services to include hardware, software, network, and scheduling components necessary to deliver real-time voice and video communications.
- Configuring devices in accordance with security policies.
- Monitoring capacity and utilization.
- Providing trending and capacity planning services to analyze and plan for efficient utilization and management of the networked services.
- Troubleshooting and correcting all detected or reported network faults or outages. Program switching fabric to enable control panel functionality IAW current architectures. Manage an enterprise VVoIP and VTC dial-plan.
- Providing AV programming and engineering.
- Performing local touch labor installing, removing, or replacing VoIP and Voice over Secure IP (VoSIP) end user devices.
- Troubleshooting end user devices to determine reason for outage and return to service.
- Performing account management functions.
- Ensuring that trouble ticket items are investigated and resolved and that necessary equipment repairs are performed and documented.
- Working with vendors, clients, carriers and technical staff on unified capabilities implementation, optimization and ongoing management and other duties as assigned.
- Providing assistance via remote access, phone, or in person.
- Possesses excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as extensive experience with network hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity.
- Must be customer service-oriented and proactive in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of resources.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, have strong leadership skills, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Required to work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Must be experienced in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- Implementing approved infrastructure engineering designs, builds, and deliver escalated support to services and products.
- Supporting network administration activities that span across multiple disciplines and platforms.
- Performing technical functions found in the service design domain and provide escalated support to incident management.
- Supporting engineering efforts to build, test, integrate, transition, implement, document, and train when transitioned to IT Operations Management.
- Analyzing and making recommendations for hardware and software standardization.
- Providing remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Must hold and maintain Top Secret/SCI Clearance
BA/BS + 4 years or AA/AS +6 years or a major cert + 8 years recent specialized or 9 years of recent specialized experience
CCNA - Video (Collaboration) Certification
CompTIA Security + (IAT Level II or greater)
Experience with Cisco Routers and Switches
Experience with Video Teleconferencing (VTC) systems and networking
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
ITIL v3 - Foundation
Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
Experience with DoD IT security requirements