Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient through information technology, engineering and science. careC2™, a Leidos Health Products and Services business, is delivering on this mission with a next generation care coordination software solution that enables the healthcare enterprise to effectively and efficiently manage the delivery of care.
Leidos has a current job opportunity for a System Administrator supporting our software development programs in Morgantown, WV. The System Administrator is respo n sib l e f o r managing configuration and operation of client/server/cloud-based system, including ESXi Server, LAN/WAN Equipment, Windows Servers, Linux Servers, Windows PCs, MacOSX, Atlassian products (JIRA Confluence, BitBucket,etc), and LDAP. Optimizes system operation and resource utilization and performs system capacity analysis and planning. Provides assistance to users in accessing and using systems. Also responsible for administering, monitoring, and maintaining local networks and servers.
You will provide support in the following areas and manage associated system infrastructures and any processes related to these systems:
- Implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of multiple systems (both customer-facing and internal programs).
- Plan for infrastructure support and upgrades that support corporate network initiatives
- Troubleshooting affected systems in lab environment and deployed systems (possibly via HelpDesk if applicable), including day-to-day operations, monitoring, and problem resolution for all client problems.
- Problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution.
- Dispatching system and hardware problems and remain involved in the resolution process.
- Escalation and communication of status to other Tier Help Desks, government management, and internal customers. Must have experience in one or more systems and architectures and associated hardware: client/server based.
- May be tasked with creating, maintaining and coordinating project activities with multiple components.
- Work with engineers from other projects and organizations to leverage on-board expertise to support existing and future implementations.
- Help install and/or troubleshoot Leidos software installed at client sites.
- Bac h elor's d e gree or higher and a minimum of 4 years' experience (or Master's degree and a minimum of 2 years; experience)
- Experience maintaining and configuring the following: ESXi Server, LAN/WAN Equipment, Windows Servers, Linux Servers, Windows PCs, MacOSX, Atlassian products (JIRA Confluence, BitBucket, etc), and LDAP.
- Experience with Bash Shell and Scripting
- Must exhibit reasonable technical expertise in engineering, testing and supporting various technologies including Windows/Unix servers, virtual machines, clustering, routers, firewalls, and network security.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Experience configuring and managing Windows 2008 Server
- Experience administering Oracle databases
- Experience with ESXi Server virtualization software
- Experience with Failover Cluster Manager
- Experience with OSX
- Familiarity with Puppet
- Familiarity with security products: Web Application Firewall, DDoS, VPN, IAM
- Familiarity with scaling & load balancing web applications
- Familiarity with various DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- DSS Baseline Technical Security Configurations