Are you interested in continuing your career in Europe in a mission focused environment? Leidos Defense Group has established upcoming positions throughout the European theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense for a newly awarded contract. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement of EUCOM's mission objectives.
What You'll Get to Do:
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Network Audio Visual/VTC Administrator. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US EUCOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
- Maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting, repairing and supporting switching and routing devices, firewalls, load balancers, alarmed carrier devices, uninterruptable power supplies, and in-line network encryption devices, which deliver the Command's Audio Visual and Video Teleconferencing capabilities.
- Configuring devices in accordance with security policies.
- Developing and maintaining IP address schemes for all assigned networks, and annually review and update the Master IP Routing Schema.
- Troubleshooting and correcting all detected or reported network faults or outages.
- Providing assistance via remote access, phone, or in person.
- Possesses excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as extensive experience with network hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity.
- Possesses excellent customer service-oriented and proactive in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of resources.
- Possesses excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as thorough knowledge of AV/VTC hardware, software and network connections.
- Managing and maintaining Multi-media Streaming Systems and Video Teleconferencing (VTC) ranging from simple desktop to more complex integrated AV systems.
- Providing first line fault monitoring on the customers networks making best use of available network management tools; Identify, isolate and classify network faults identified either manually or via available network management tools; Receive, confirm, and classify network reported faults identified by customers or performance management tools.
More About the Role:
The successful candidate must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, have strong leadership skills, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner. The candidate will be required to work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts. The candidate must be experienced in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
They must operate, maintain, and manage the LAN infrastructure (e.g., switching and routing devices, firewalls, load balancers, alarmed carrier devices, uninterruptible power supplies, in-line network encryption devices). Provide VIP fly-away comms support. Maintenance and operation AV, VTC, and maintenance of Voice services.
Coordinates hardware and software system installation and ensures specifications are met. Create and maintain thorough documentation for all incident resolutions and troubleshooting instructions in the Knowledge Databases. Working with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensuring that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule.
Additionally, the Network AV/VTC Administrator will provide remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Must hold and maintain an active minimum DOD Secret Clearance and be able to maintain (TS/SCI preferred)
BA/BS + 4 years or AA/AS +6 years or a major cert + 8 years or 9 years of recent specialized experience
CCNA - Video (Collaboration) Certification
CompTIA Security + (IAT Level II or greater)
Experience with Cisco Routers and Switches
Experience with Video Teleconferencing (VTC) systems and networking
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
ITIL v3 - Foundation
Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
Experience with DoD IT security requirements