At Leidos, we welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
As part of our company mission, we are dedicated to making the world a safer place. That starts with helping our customers in the Defense industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores our dedicated Defense Group scientists and engineers are solving critical challenges across the globe. Defense capabilities including enterprise and mission IT, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, operations support, logistics, and training serve a diverse set of customers including the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, the Defense Information Systems Agency, and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
The Airborne Solutions division at Leidos currently has a dynamic opportunity for an Aviation Training Development Coordinator to work in our Manassas, VA office. In this role, you will work as part of a training team tasked with developing and training the next generation of United States Army war fighters in the use of a technically sophisticated 'System of Systems' on board an airborne military platform; you'll create and build material in accordance with United States Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) guidelines for this next generation ISR technology.
• Design, develop and deliver Training Support Packages for a state of the art Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR) platform in accordance with U.S. Army Center of Excellence guidelines.
• Analyze training needs and develop curriculums based on Leidos proposed solutions for TRADOC required material
• Incorporate Leidos training subcontractors to assist with training development of Operator Training Manuals
• Develop internal schedules for delivery of training material based on overarching program timelines
• Develop technical solutions relating to train-the-trainer programs; assist with completion of TRADOC required training within specified guidelines
• Create, validate and execute ground-based academic training in a classroom as well as mission-oriented, scenario-based flight training
• Create, maintain, and document student training progress, using appropriate Army standards and forms
• Coordinate with product team leads and subcontractors to ensure all training information is complete and accurate; coordinate schedules for validation of training material, and provide quality in-flight instruction to active duty soldiers, ensuring they are deployment ready at the completion of training
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
• Bachelor's degree with 4 or more years of related work experience, or a Master's with 2 or more years of related work experience; additional years of related work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
• Ability to work autonomously with little or no supervision
• Experience with development of TRADOC (United States Army Training and Doctrine Command) material
• Technical writing expertise, specifically complying with Army Doctrine Regulation TR350-70
• Experience as a formal schoolhouse military instructor
• Must have a Current DOD Secret Clearance, with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI level of clearance
• 10% Travel to CONUS customer and company locations required
• Experience in the areas of aviation training and development
• Experience with fielding of New Equipment Training material
• Experience with Army Center of Excellence training material development
• Knowledge and experience using Training Development Capability (TDC)
• Army Basic Instructor Course (ABIC) graduate or equivalent
• Ability to provide meaningful verbal and written feedback to program management
• Familiarity with Tactical ISR