Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges that affect the world?
Leidos Civil is leading the way in solving internationally pressing issues, including:
- Aviation - Guiding the world's air traffic, managing 43,000+ flights for 2.5 million passengers per day
- Logistics & infrastructure support - Operating infrastructure for large-scale nuclear cleanup efforts
- Cybersecurity - Monitoring advanced threats; managing security services and utility command and control centers
- Facility management & operations - Operating the world's longest supply chain to Antarctica
- Energy engineering - Restoring power during hurricane efforts; helping communities achieve significant energy savings
- Environmental management - Delivering innovative environmental solutions and wildlife conservation plans
- IT infrastructure modernization - Helping 2+ million citizens recover from identity theft; maintaining global biometrics systems
- Transportation security solutions - Securing U.S. borders with 1200+ radiation and explosive monitors; designing vehicle solutions that save lives, reduce congestion, and boost fuel efficiency
If you desire to be an integral part of a dynamic team of science and technology leaders, then Leidos Civil is the place for you!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...Practical Answers for a Complicated World
Leidos, a Fortune 500 company, seeks a qualified and dynamic Professional Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support as a part of our successful energy program team. This position offers a very unique career opportunity to work with a team that promotes energy efficiency and renewable energy projects in the Midwest. Basic duties of the position include: develop reports, spreadsheets, and charts to aid in departmental planning and to meet program reporting requirements. Coordinate meetings, teleconferences, staff schedules and travel plans for staff members. Assist in the development of presentations and marketing materials and provide general support to sector staff such as document editing, data entry, computer assistance, shipping, and office supply procurement. Document and organize records properly in regards to invoices and certifications.
The position is ideal for a person with excellent organizational skills, computer/database skills, and developing reports. The candidate should have proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs especially Excel, Adobe, Windows operating system, prior administrative experience, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. You must be highly motivated, well organized, self-starting, and work well in a supportive team environment. It is important you also have good professional inter-personal skills.
Skills and Qualifications
- Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent and 1 - 3 years of prior relevant experience in an office environment
- BA degree and an interest in technical topics, a plus
- Assist with incoming and outgoing mail management, including receiving and sending faxes, preparing UPS/Federal Express packages.
- Assist with front desk and general office duties
- Strong organizational ability
- Takes ownership of responsibilities and can work independently
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Dependable with strong work ethic and 'can do' attitude
- Highly flexible and adaptable
- Working knowledge of MS Office products including Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Professional attitude, appearance, and demeanor