The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking an experienced Software Engineer with a TS/SCI polygraph clearance for a program in Laurel, MD.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: The Prototype Development Support (PDS II) program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer's Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, PDS II looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the PDS II program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.
The candidate will provide Analytic and Software Engineering support to CyberSecurity Operation missions by designing and implementing analytical solutions and developing prototype solutions using a variety of tools, APIs, frameworks and programming languages. The candidate will be part of a robust Cybersecurity Defense development team and assist with utilizing Cybersecurity Analysis techniques to rapidly develop solutions to support emerging mission requirements. The position provides the opportunity to work closely with the operators to identify the requirements and implement solutions for both the short and the long term. The candidate will work in collaboration with a highly skilled development consisting of software engineers and data scientists in DevOps/agile development environment.
Bachelor's Degree and 12 years of experience. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 12 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
- At least five (5) years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least four (4) year of experience as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- Must be able to work in a team environment and collaborate well with others
- Experience in Cybersecurity and/or Cyber Defense is a required
- Experience in providing analytic support to operations is desired
- Experience with Scripting languages (Python, Perl, Bash) experience is required
- Experience utilizing Splunk is highly desired
- Experience utilizing containers such as Docker is desired
- Experience in software development is desired