Leidos Defense group is seeking a THAAD Field Engineer for immediate assignment in Fort Bliss, TX. The successful candidate will function as a Field Engineer with the THAAD Missile Defense System and will assist the customer in the operation, maintenance, march-order, and emplacement of the THAAD Fire Control & Communication (TFCC) Systems and THAAD Launching Station in accordance with established Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs), Technical Manuals (TMs), policies, procedures, and processes. The candidate will be a member of a support team and will perform all duties under minimal supervision and cross-train to gain proficiency working with other elements of the THAAD system. This position is designated as Mission Essential with a requirement for worldwide deployments, and will require deployment training, military exercise participation, and other related training for the area of operations. The candidate will support military movement to a potentially hazardous zone, support any and all lead up events working overtime and nonstandard shifts, as necessary.
The successful candidate will:
• Provide field and sustainment level maintenance support to UAE THAAD Fire Units.
• Support the customer in managing and monitoring the maintenance and sustainment program to include scheduling services, system upgrades, and modifications.
• Perform all maintenance actions and failure troubleshooting that are above the level of the Enhanced Operator/Maintainers (EOM) to include but not limited to: software, hardware, interconnecting cabling, electrical system, and networks.
• Create, update, and complete Maintenance Actions within allotted time and verify completeness and accuracy of maintenance reports.
• Demonstrate proficiency in reading and comprehending electrical and mechanical drawings.
• Identify issues, develop, and submit investigation reports to assist program engineers with design changes.
• Maintain and sustain THAAD Training Devices and related software.
• Handle and inspect electrostatic sensitive devices.
• Support the customer's training programs through collaboration with our program partners to ensure highly trained and competent service members.
• Understand the customer's expectations and perceptions in order to provide the best support possible; focusing on mission, values, and goals.
• Address all comments and feedback received from the customer; strive to receive no negative feedback from the customer.
• Establish trust and confidence by creating and maintaining open, candid lines of communication with the customer and partner companies & agencies.
• Perform all duties under minimal supervision and cross train to gain proficiency working with all elements of the THAAD system.
• Demonstrate discipline, adaptability, attention to detail, foster collaboration, sound judgement, and initiative.
• Assist teammates with THAAD specific procedures and overall THAAD operating requirements, as required.
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in a related discipline with 4 years of experience, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Must have a practical knowledge of the professional discipline, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience, and has a general understanding of industry practices and standards.
• Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance.
• Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) within six (6) months of hire.
• Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a CompTIA Security+ certification within six (6) months of hire.
• Must meet deployment standards as set forth in, but not limited to, DoD Instruction 3020.41, Operational Contract Support.
• Must possess a valid U.S. Passport with no restrictions on travel.
• Knowledge of Physical Security standards and practices (AR 190-13), and COMSEC & CCI handling and utilization.
• Demonstrated proficiency with the Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrated ability to master new technical and training applications within a short time.
• Experience and knowledge of US Army Air and Missile Defense operations.
• Experience and knowledge of US Army Supply and Logistics systems and practices.