Lab Support Engineering/Integration consists of on-site support to all FAA and Leidos test groups using the WJHTC labs. Responsible for the lab administration support which includes activities such as creating new user/group IDs and providing system functions such as disk management, cross mounts, add/change files systems, backup/restore coordination, network management and release management. Includes assisting with problem debugging, investigating hardware and software problems, implementing corrective action, answering user questions, providing effective lab operations, and assistance to the lab user. Responsible for the installation and customization of the operating system images, which includes the necessary CAS software and applications software for the various process platforms in the lab. Lab user support as required that includes assisting users in the lab on a day-to-day basis.
• The successful candidate will possess integration skills and the ability to work with the test teams to ensure all WJHTC labs are functioning properly with the required software builds and hardware upgrades.
• Daily duties will also be focused on tasks that relate to the ERAM and DataComm programs monthly financial statusing cycle.
• This includes tracking hours/dollars spent and comparing to budgets, variance analysis, estimate-to-complete analysis, subcontractor lag tracking, workload/staffing reports, and supporting the management team as a CAM helper.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, System Engineering/Industrial, Business/Finance or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Typically requires Bachelors of Science and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
• Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer. Strong communication skills. Some business/financial skills.
• Teamwork skills is a big plus for this job
• Earned Value methodology, systems integration skills