Leidos is seeking a senior Cyber Network Defense (CND) tools support person to perform technical work as part of an integrated team of CND SMEs supporting the DoD's JRSS (Joint Regional Security Stack) deployment activities. JRSS is a multi-year, global effort to improve the DoD's security posture and provide enhanced security capabilities and analytics by centralizing and virtualizing network security into regional stacks rather than locally distributed appliances. This position is responsible for providing configuration, implementation, configuration and ongoing performance enhancement work for CND tools including: ArcSight, Tipping Point, Fidelis, SourceFire, Fidelis, and Niksun devices installed in the JRSS environment. Candidate does not need to be an expert in all tools but should have significant experience with several and a general understanding of most.
The candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team that supports the active and passive Computer Network Defense (CND) tools deployed in stacks. Must be able to integrate with other technical teams, with DISA personnel, with vendor technical support personnel, and with technical representatives from DoD services, working as part of an integrated, cross-platform team that provides CND capability, and military base/post/camp/station migration support services DoD-wide as the JRSS stacks are deployed and used.
The candidate will support CND tools deployed in stacks and will assist with initial configuration, troubleshooting, support and project management. Candidate should have extensive CND architectural design experience as well as significant hands-on experience with one or more JRSS CND Tools. The successful candidate will be able to do the following:
- Install and configure CND tools
- Integrate the tool for enterprise data collection to include capacity monitoring.
- Configure the tools to work with Syslog, File and Database collection of events.
- Create and edit content to both monitor and alert on security incidents.
- Provide guidance to both internal and external Customer issues and supporting tickets.
- Monitor the tool's health and performance.
- Tune system parameters to enhance/improve system performance.
- Provide Tier 2/3 troubleshooting for tool issues, either within the tool or as part of an integrated team of professionals addressing larger issues
- Assist other JRSS teams that perform life cycle O&M on the tools by acting as tool expert
- Provide "on the job training" to less experienced JRSS, DISA or DoD Services' team members
- Act as the senior subject matter expert on tools for interactions with other teams
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12 or more years' experience; or 10 years' experience with a related Master's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP communications.
- General knowledge of router and firewall functionality on a network.
- Familiarity with the MS Office tool suite.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to appropriately present highly technical material to both technical and non-technical audiences
- U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance is required. In addition, must be able to successfully obtain up to Top Secret based on requirements from the customer and program.
- DoD 8570 IAT2 certification is required
- Significant experience with one or more of the CND tools in the JRSS cyber suite:
- Fidelis DLP and MDE
- Tipping Point
- ELK tools
- Prior experience as a network intrusion analyst or Security Operations Center analyst.
- Experience configuring and maintaining tools in a multi-tenant environment
External Referral Eligible