Are you a talented Software Developer who enjoys bridging the gap between software and hardware? If you have a passion for the latest software and cloud technologies and thrive in challenging environments, we would love to hear from you!
In this role, you will become a core member of Leidos' CIO Services group that focuses on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solutions to Leidos employees. We are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experiences while using multiple enterprise systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the enterprise. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
We are looking for someone to be part of our agile scrum oriented development team who can provide development support from designing, coding, and modifying applications, from layout to function based on the customer specifications. You will strive to create visually appealing applications that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation. You may need to give presentations from time to time and often this entails producing well written technical documents specific to the customer's environment and objectives. You must be able to speak clearly and communicate effectively (both written and verbally) with a customer's technical staff.
Under the direction of the Development Lead, Product Owner, and Project Manager, you will be responsible for, but not be limited to:
- Identify user and system requirements for new websites and applications
- Contribute skills and input to a collaborative DevOps Scrum team. Providing creative development based solutions to engineering efforts.
- Work with a team of UI/UX designers and developers to create a seamless user experience.
- Creates automated scripts to perform site maintenance tasks such as upgrades and data migration.
- Analyze, test, and resolve issues with application software.
- Architects web based solutions by researching and recommending third-party modules; actively contribute to development team to define taxonomies, content types, and user permissions.
- Ensures sites maintain optimum performance and security; works with systems administrator to ensure consistent uptime.
- Develop your skills and learn how to ensure accessibility for all users by developing a front end that functions across browsers, platforms, and devices while meeting accessibility and security requirements.
- Support the migration of the applications to the cloud
- Participate in the various agile scrum activities.
- Performing various quality control activities on the software deliverables.
- Collaborating with the QA to test the developed solutions.
- Generate requirements documentation and translate requirements into technical solutions.
- Validate deliverables are Section 508 compliant using approved software.
- Responsible for strict following of configuration management standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM field with 2 - 4 years of relevant experience or Master's degree with 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Language proficiency: Java, JavaSript, C++, HTML/CSS, XML, Python, PS/SQL.
- Ability to demonstrate expertise in visual design, including gathering raw data from various sources and developing comprehensive and visually engaging designs.
- Ability to be a self-starter, pay strict attention to detail, and multitask across multiple projects and clients in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
- Experience with UX and user-centered design.
- Knowledge of information architecture, workflow design, information management, and governance for site usability.
- Understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- A natural problem solver.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience or familiarity with Agile development and testing methodology.
- US Citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance.
- Experience with section 508/Accessible website development is a plus.