Innovate and create at Leidos!
We have no shortage of challenging technical and research problems. Join Leidos team and apply your talents to solve them. We are looking for , our new Software Engineer to work to work in Dayton, Ohio within a team of developers to implement requirements and new features in an existing software application. Come work in a great agile-like research & development environment and let your career soar with us.
Things our Software Engineers do on the job:
• Troubleshoot, characterize and correct software programming errors and correct existing program deficiencies.
• Document software solutions, participate in technical meetings, and coordinate activity with other team members.
• Creatively troubleshoot and solve software problems, and analyze performance problems.
• Support research, engineering, and development of innovative solutions to support operational missions.
To be successful in this job you will need these:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline or a Bachelor's of Science in math/physics/engineering with multiple years of real world programming experience with at least 4 years of experience
• Must have a secret security clearance
• Experience with software development life-cycle products from requirements, design, implementation, and testing phases
• Must be able to perform C/C++ and Java programming
• Must be able to perform Windows and Linux programming for 32-bit (and 64-bit) systems
• Familiarity with avionics equipment and/or avionics service bus communications
• Ability to do software/hardware integration
• Familiar with multi-threaded, and IP socket programming techniques
• Perform software modeling and simulation of hardware components as part of a larger system.
• Ability to work independently &/or under supervision of other
• Familiar with Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, or NetBean IDEs
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Software development/engineering experience with open architectures such as Open Mission Systems.
• Practical Knowledge of UML design tools
• Multi-level security development experience
• Requirements analysis
• Network programming
• Embedded Real Time Software experience or low-level hardware interfacing experience (such as using embedded hobby boards like the Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Launchpad, Beagle, etc.).
• Possess the ability to work in a team environment.