Job Requisition:Senior Software Engineer
Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer located in Bellevue, NE. This position will support an advanced targeting application for the United States Strategic Command. In this role, you will have the dynamic opportunity to serve as a technical lead on portions of the system as well work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development. As part of an Agile Scrum team moving toward DevOps, the successful candidate will participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters and will own the delivery of part of a system or application.
Leidos operates several software development factories in support of various DoD, commercial, and Leidos-internal programs and is in the process of adding to this network of factories to better access geographically-distributed resources and expertise (e.g., AI/ML, autonomy, DevOps, etc.). The Leidos Bellevue site is in the process of integrating into this exciting network for software development expertise, thereby potentially allowing local development staff the ability to support various projects and customers.
- Support software development activities to include requirements analysis, design, code and unit test, and integration.
- Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming applications
- Utilize your problem solving skills to troubleshoot production issues related to software applications, systems integration, compatibility and multiple platforms.
- Apply critical thinking skills to assist in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Provide software and systems integration support to the team’s onsite support representatives on base.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well-defined but always considers the customer first.
- Support the Program Manager in growing the NIDS team in Bellevue to support USSTRATCOM and future contract efforts.
- Mentor and train junior staff in the art of software engineering to develop quality software products.
- Work with the Leidos Project Manager assisting the Government Program Office, Government Systems Engineers, and operational users to ensure delivered products exceed customer expectations and provide substantial value.
- Position requires an active DoD Top Secret security clearance, with ability to obtain SCI.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering/technical discipline with 8+ years of software engineering experience; or a Master’s degree with 6+ years software engineering experience.
- Possess the knowledge and experience to perform complex and difficult system and specialty engineering tasks with no supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in performing a variety of complicated tasks.
- Experience in leading and mentoring a small team of software engineers. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency using at least one high-level programming language (Java (preferred), C++, C#, etc.).
- Proficiency with web user interface including web application technologies.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Experience with continuous integration environments (Jenkins).
- Knowledge of software design patterns.
- Knowledge of service-oriented architectures.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of distributed computing architectures
- Familiarity with the following server infrastructure products: VMware / WebLogic Server
- Operating Environments: Linux / Windows
- Experience with one or more of the following development tools: JDK / Oracle DBMS / Oracle WebLogic Server / SQLPlus / Eclipse
- Experience with Cesium
- Experience with GWT and GXT.
- Experience with Ansible.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.