Leidos is seeking Software Engineers for a dynamic opportunity to design, develop, modify, and implement software programming applications. You will utilize your problem solving skills to troubleshoot production issues related to software applications, systems integration, compatibility and multiple platforms. Position will support an advanced targeting application for the United States Strategic Command.
As part of an Agile Scrum team moving toward DevOps, the you will also will participate in the full software development lifecycle to include requirements analysis, design, code and unit test, and integration. In this role, you will work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development. You will be responsible to build software solutions where the solution is not always well-defined but always considers the customer first.
Leidos operates several software development factories in support of various DoD, commercial, and Leidos-internal programs and is in the process of adding to this network of factories to better access geographically-distributed resources and expertise (e.g., AI/ML, autonomy, DevOps, etc.). The Leidos Bellevue site is in the process of integrating into this network for software development expertise, thereby potentially allowing local development staff the ability to support various projects and customers.
- Position requires an active DoD Secret security clearance, with ability to obtain Top Secret.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering/technical discipline with 2-4 years of software engineering experience or a Master's degree with less than 2 years of experience.
- Proficiency using at least one high-level programming language (Java, C++, C#, etc.).
- Experience with Linux operating environments.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with continuous integration environments (Jenkins).
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of service-oriented architectures.
- Proficiency with web user interface including web application technologies.
- Familiarity with the following server infrastructure products: VMware / WebLogic Server
- Experience with one or more of the following development tools: JDK / Oracle DBMS / Oracle WebLogic Server / SQLPlus / Eclipse
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Experience with Cesium
- Experience with GWT and GXT.
- Experience with Ansible.