The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation currently has an opening for a Software Engineering Manager in Baltimore, MD to lead portfolio of projects consisting of up to 100 professionals to support large complex IT systems for our customer, the Social Security Administration (SSA) under the ITSSC II vehicle.
The Software Engineering Manager must have specific a background successfully collaborating with multiple Federal agencies and with a variety of customers and customer stakeholders. The candidate will be responsible for meeting or exceeding organization and customer expectations. The candidate must be willing to change the program culture by driving toward a sharing environment that is collaborative and innovative in an effort to provide our customers with the best possible solutions that meet their strategic goals. The candidate will be expected to collaborate closely with functional teams (HR, contracts, subcontracts, BusOps, Quality Assurance and Program Execution) and be accountable for meeting all work order/work activity goals and objectives. The candidate is expected to provide oversight for all daily operations for their team members. These teams are responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining Enterprise-level database platforms such as DB2, Oracle, Hadoop, Greenplum, PostgreSQL and MongoDB. Expertise in providing, maintaining and automating these database platforms for both on-premises and cloud based infrastructure configurations is required. The ideal candidate will be viewed as both an expert in their field, and a leader capable of inspiring and motivating a large team.
- Deliver innovative, high quality with optimal cost solutions through the use of Agile and DevOps approaches
- Maintain superior customer relations and grow work order and work activities
- Collaborate with the Technical Reporting Analysts to manage workforce, technical reports, and administration
- Manage subcontractor relationship and oversight along with other professionals from functional organizations for superior performance
- Developing a strong customer relationship based on solid performance, understanding of their business challenges, and providing innovative solutions
- Program Cost Control and Financial Management
- Provides primary input to hiring, firing, promotion, performance and rewards decisions for direct reports
Applicants will qualify for the Software Engineering Manager position with a Bachelor's Degree plus 8 or more years of relevant technical experience with at least 4 years serving successfully in positions of major responsibilities such as a Project Manager. 4 years of additional experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
Applicant must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as proficient with MS Office Productivity Tools.
Desired skills, expertise and experience include:
- Federal Contracts
- Building a Team, Recruiting Staff, Developing Staff
- Public Health or Health IT
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or willingness to complete within one year
- Agile Development Methodology Expertise (preferred)
- Engineering and Management Processes (e.g. CMMI)
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Amazon Web Services Cloud Management
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipleline experience using Confluence, VersionOne, BitBucket, GitHub, Jenkins, and Ansible
- Risk Management
- Process Improvement
Position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.