The Civil Group of Leidos is seeking a Principal Contract Administrator in our Lorton, VA office.
The Principal Contracts Administrator will provide overall contract compliance of assigned tasks in accordance with contract requirements, company policy and procedures, and applicable laws. Candidate must be able to work independently as well as part of a team of contract professionals supporting proposal preparation and a portfolio of contracts.
- Provide the oversight and evaluation of major proposals, monitoring major contracts, lead or assist in key negotiations, resolve performance issues, identify risks and associated mitigations, ensure compliance with Leidos policies, procedures as well as government and contract requirements.
- Portfolio will be primarily federal contracts, but may also include municipal and commercial contracts.
- Provide advice and counsel to Group counterparts and less experienced Contracts staff.
- Regularly interact with programs, contracts, project control, finance, business development and with customers as required.
- Develop or review prime contract flowdown documents to ensure compliance with prime contract requirements and to minimize company liability
- Support internal/external audit activities as well as data request from internal / external customers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of related experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Expert knowledge within government contracts arena including proposal support.
- Proven experience addressing complex contractual issues required.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including experience negotiating complex terms and conditions.
- Must have experience with all contract types and a working knowledge of FAR/DFAR.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with executive management and staff regarding Contracts issues with high degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Ability to establish relationships internally and within the Leidos community.
- Experience working with Department of Homeland Security preferred.
- International experience preferred
- Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint.