Job Requisition:Software Engineer 4 – Cognitive Electronic Warfare
Leidos seeks a Software Engineer, to join our Cognitive Electronic Warfare (COGEW) business area. The candidate will responsible for computer programming, documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks applied to communications, radar, electronic warfare, spectrum sensing, and signals intelligence (SIGINT). The candidate will contribute to the design and development of advanced systems, as a part of multi-disciplinary teams made up of other software team members and subject matter experts, from the areas of systems engineering, hardware, firmware, machine learning, RF front end design, and signal processing. Requires expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Design, implement, and test real-time C/C++ software for multi-core systems, running Linux or a real-time operating system such as VxWorks.
- Build software products utilizing third party mathematics and communication libraries.
- Design, implement, and test software to configure and control RF hardware devices.
- Integrate software into third-party software frameworks and architectures, such as Redhawk.
- Document developed systems.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies (Scrum Certification a plus).
- Experience with interface communication standards / protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, and DDS
- An active US Secret clearance is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Math, Computer Science / Machine Learning, or similar field, and 8 plus years of relevant experience.
- Ability to read and understand signal processing algorithms written in MATLAB
- Advanced knowledge of the Linux operating system as well as experience with real-time operating systems
- Experience with team software development tools, such as Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with Machine Learning and/or Artificial Intelligence algorithms and libraries, such as TensorFlow
- Experience with MATLAB GPU computing.
- Experience with High Performance Computing including parallel and distributed computation.
- Experience with Model-Based Design code generation practices.
- Experience with cloud-based computing platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with other programming languages such as Python and/or Java.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Math, Computer Science / Machine Learning, or similar field, and 6 plus years of relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development1000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.