Job Requisition:Senior Elastic Search Systems Engineer - TS/SCI w/ Poly Required
The Elastic Search Systems Engineer role provides support across an Agile team in a DevSecOps environment. This role will provide with large enterprise deployments and updates of ElasticSearch. Our personnel will be required to provide configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting support in the Elastic environments on cloud (AWS) and on prem.
- Collaboration across multiple agile teams in both O&M and DevOps Tasks.
- Work in ElasticSearch frameworks/environments.
- Lead technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding.
- Evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems; resolve highly complex multi-domain systems issues.
- Perform system prototyping of features through hands-on design and development implementation tasks.
- Perform automation tasks through scripting and testing.
- Work closely with developers and infrastructure team to document user story backlog in provided tool(s).
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated experience working with ELK clusters, 10 nodes or greater,
- Experienced with Linux and Windows environments
- Experienced with AWS, ElasticSearch and Spark
- Demonstrated experience with automation tools: Jenkins, Docker, Puppet and the like.
- Proven experience with cluster architecture, design and deployments
- Proven experience with RESTful search engines
- Experience interfacing with and providing strategic recommendations to senior customer and program management
- Requires Bachelors with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 of prior relevant experience.
An active TS/SCI with polygraph is required to be considered for this position
Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- Experience working on ODNI systems
- Understanding of ODNI system development policies
- Experience working with Java, Jira, Python, Ruby, and Confluence
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.