Leidos has an opportunity for a Systems Administrator at Hurlburt Field, FL. Candidates must possess a current TS/SCI security clearance in order to be considered.
The job of the Systems Administrator is to apply network / systems analysis techniques and procedures to determine hardware, software, or network / system functional specifications, and design, develop, test and modify computer systems and programs based on user or design specifications. Many of the systems are unique, one of a kind, custom built prototypes that are continually changing and evolving to meet mission needs. The Systems administrator will provide support in a Top Secret Special Compartment Information (TS/SCI) classified environment which is technically complex, has little government provided documentation and limited OEM documentation. Shift work and some travel required.
- Administration and maintenance support for systems, end user devices and applications to include FalconView, Google Earth, MAAS, Info Path, MiRC and standard Microsoft Office applications.
- Minimal server and database archive support will also be required. -Update and monitor application performance and provide data management for devices including, but not limited to, end user devices, servers, and database archives.
- Support additional systems including, but not limited to, NIPRnet, SIPRnet, and internal voice systems.
- Exercise good analytic and problem solving skills when restoring outages and connectivity issues and do so under extremely tight time constraints.
- Ability to add a new part or capability to an existing design or system. Work oftentimes involves improving a capability or parts performance through changes in technology or improved versions of the part or equipment.
- Assist with determining technical solutions for presentation to the government customer. -Troubleshoot quickly and exercise work independently.
- Bachelor's degree in related technical discipline and 3+ years of related experience (Experience will be considered in lieu of degree).
- Experience with exploitation tools such as Google Earth, AIMs, or Multi-Int Analysis and Archive System (MAAS) is a must.
- Military C4ISR (Command, Control, Computers, Communication, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) experience required.
- Experience with both Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 administration.
- Excellent communication skills in team environments as well as on individual projects are mandatory.
- Must possess the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to end users and management.
- Self-motivation and the ability to manage multiple priorities along with a strong work ethic required.
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- Must have a current TS/SCI security Clearance.
- US Air Force (or other military) experience in a computer-related discipline.
- Experience with SCCM desktop management suite.
- Experience with virtual desktop brokers, such as VMWare View or Citrix XenDesktop.
- Experience with SecureView, XenDesktop, XenApp, Netscaler and NetApp.
- Certifications such as MCSE, Security+, CCNA, CCNP, NetApp, and ITIL v3.
- Experience deploying production virtual environments (e.g. thin clients).
- Experience with Windows software packaging and deployment automation.
- Operational experience with UAV's, specifically Predator or Reaper.-
- Prior military or civilian DOD experience with Air Operations.