The Elastic Search Systems Engineer role provides support across an Agile team in a DevSecOps environment. This role will provide with large enterprise deployments and updates of ElasticSearch. Our personnel will be required to provide configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting support in the Elastic environments on cloud (AWS) and on prem.
- Collaboration across multiple agile teams in both O&M and DevOps Tasks.
- Work in ElasticSearch frameworks/environments.
- Lead technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding.
- Evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems; resolve highly complex multi-domain systems issues.
- Perform system prototyping of features through hands-on design and development implementation tasks.
- Perform automation tasks through scripting and testing.
- Work closely with developers and infrastructure team to document user story backlog in provided tool(s).
- Mentor and provide oversight on junior engineers.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated experience working with ELK clusters, 10 nodes or greater,
- Extensive experienced with Linux and Windows environments
- Extensive experienced with AWS, ElasticSearch and Spark
- Demonstrated experience with automation tools: Jenkins, Docker, Puppet and the like.
- Experience with cluster architecture, design and deployments
- Experience with RESTful search engines
- Extensive experience interfacing with and providing strategic recommendations to senior customer and program management
- Previous management experience
- Requires Bachelors with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 of prior relevant experience.
- Experience working on ODNI systems
- Understanding of ODNI system development policies
- Experience working with Java, Jira, Python, Ruby, and Confluence
An active TS/SCI with polygraph is required to be considered for this position
Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.