This role is an Instructional Systems Designer needed to develop course material and provide classroom instruction for a classified customer. The position supports the organization by designing, developing, reviewing, evaluating, restructuring/redesign, and/or repackaging of training solutions.
- Work with identified clients to determine the learning need, appropriate learning outcomes, and the most appropriate instructional methodologies based on adult learning theory.
- Document needs assessment findings to include recommendations to be used by the client.
- Determine the tasks, skills, level of effort, and advanced learning strategies required to meet the learning needs of the organization.
- Design, develop, and deliver instructional materials for instructor and student use in approved formats such as visuals, handouts, and reference guides.
- Develop participant-centered, applied learning solutions.
- Assess expertise at multiple Kirkpatrick levels
- Completes peer to peer reviews to ensure consistency, quality, and appropriate use of course content guidelines.
- Ability to teach and mentor others.
- Experience creating learning solutions in a fast-paced, agile environment with a focus on iteration, continuous improvement using business feedback, and lifecycle planning for learning programs
- Provide consultation and recommendations to customers on innovative training solutions, as well as effective and relevant curriculum development and delivery.
- Work with instructors, subject matter experts, instructional technologists, and developers to analyze, design, develop, and evaluate learning solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Instructional System Design, Instructional Technology, adult education, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in adult learning theories, methods, strategies, best practices, techniques of instructional curriculum develop and evaluation to assist in the develop and delivery of lessons related to established training goals
- Knowledge of the latest trends in education and how technology enables learning
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop participant-centered, applied learning solutions.
- Must have ISD experience within the IC
- Must have an understanding of the ADDIE instructional system design model
- Candidate must have BS with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years prior relevant experience.
- Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph to be considered for this position
- 6 or more years progressive work experience in instructional design to include training industry experience (instructor-led, online, and in blended environments).
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Creative Suite
- Pluses: Experience with SCORM, Section 508 requirements, and technical specifications for Learning Management Systems (LMS), Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, and/or Lectora