Leidos seeks a Software Engineer, to join our Cognitive Electronic Warfare (COGEW) business area. The candidate will responsible for computer programming, documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks applied to communications, radar, electronic warfare, spectrum sensing, and signals intelligence (SIGINT) . The candidate will c ontribute to the design and development of advanced systems, as a part of multi-disciplinary teams made up of other software team members and subject matter experts, from the areas of systems engineering, hardware, firmware, machine learning, RF front end design, and signal processing. Requires deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain and has broad understanding of other related specialty areas.
- Design, implement, and test real-time C/C++ software for multi-core systems, running Linux or a real-time operating system such as VxWorks.
- Build software products utilizing third party mathematics and communication libraries.
- Design, implement, and test software to configure and control RF hardware devices.
- Integrate software into third-party software frameworks and architectures, such as Redhawk.
- Document developed systems and concepts through design documentation and/or customer presentation material.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies (Scrum Certification a plus).
- Experience with interface communication standards / protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, and DDS
- An active US Secret clearance is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Applied Math, Computer Science / Machine Learning, or similar field, and 4 plus years of relevant experience.
- Ability to read and understand signal processing algorithms written in MATLAB
- Advanced knowledge of the Linux operating system as well as experience with real-time operating systems
- Experience with team software development tools, such as Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with Machine Learning and/or Artificial Intelligence algorithms and libraries, such as TensorFlow
- Experience with MATLAB GPU computing.
- Experience with High Performance Computing including parallel and distributed computation.
- Experience with Model-Based Design code generation practices.
- Experience with cloud-based computing platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with other programming languages such as Python and/or Java.
- Master's Degree in Software Engineering, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Applied Math, Computer Science / Machine Learning, or similar field, and 2 plus years relevant experience.