Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company delivering a host of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Configuration Management (CM) Lead to perform oversight of the CM integrated team supporting the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) JRSS (Joint Regional Security Stack) deployment activities at DISA Headquarters, Ft George Meade, MD. JRSS is a multi-year, global effort to improve the Department of Defense (DoD) security posture and provide enhanced security capabilities and analytics by centralizing and virtualizing network security into regional stacks rather than locally distributed appliances. This position is tasked with providing configuration management lead responsibilities for the hardware and software baseline installed in the JRSS environment on the pre-production and production stacks world-wide. As the configuration management lead you will be co-located with the DISA program management office and must have extensive knowledge of CM processes including conducting Engineering Review Boards, documenting processes, integrating with multiple teams and the customer, and working knowledge of BMC Remedy tool suites. The selected candidate must be ready to take immediate control of the CM processes, and embody a flexible, take-charge attitude. Having a solid understanding of hardware and software engineering processes for establishing and maintaining consistency of baseline and adherence to process will be essential.
Primary job functions will include:
- Serve as the CM Lead reporting to the Government CM lead
- Reporting on status and metrics for RFC's and CRQ's as required
- Managing the Request for Change (RFC) process (Remedy)
- Own and enforce strict adherence to hardware/software release processes, using best practices.
- Maintain configuration control throughout all phases of the engineering life cycle, whether documentation, software, hardware, etc. Manage and track changes to baselines.
- Support Program Engineering Review Board and Configuration Control Board functions: scheduling meetings; generating agendas, minutes, action item reminders.
- Provide configuration status reporting and support contract deliverables.
- Participates in design reviews, configuration audits, and evaluations of hardware/software products to ensure proper identification, control, and status accounting of the hardware/software baseline.
Required Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with 8 -12 years of experience in configuration management with software and hardware development projects. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience managing software and hardware configuration in Remedy.
- Must hold and maintain an active Secret clearance
- Candidate will interact with military, other contractors, and U.S. Government personnel; therefore, requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- IAT II 8570 Certification preferred but not required
- Experience authoring Configuration Management (CM) Plans.
- Performs audits, baseline identification, and preparation and control of documentation for hardware/software.
- Configuration and Data Management (CDM) certification - National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) preferred
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools.
- BMC Discovery
- BMC Remedy
- BMC Remedy IT Service Management
- BMC Remedy Ticketing System
- Change Management
- Change Management Process
- Configuration and Change Management
- IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Process Improvement
- Process Definition
- Requirements Verification
- Systems Verification
- Process Definition
- Network, Hardware and Software Configuration
External Referral Eligible