The Leidos Health Group has an immediate opportunity for a Vice President, Health and Human Performance, Strategic Accounts Executive. This position will be based in Reston, VA.
The Strategic Account Executive is the lead Leidos official responsible for strengthening and advancing trusted relationships with Leidos strategic Government relations customers, with the objective of growing Leidos revenue. The Strategic Account Executive must have proven skills and must understand the current and evolving missions and their importance to US Department of Veterans Affairs, as well as the full range of current and emerging doctrine, strategies, operational concepts, and requirements. The Strategic Account Executive should be familiar with and remain current regarding leadership and leaders throughout the Department of Veterans Affairs. The position also serves as the Government Affairs Representative. The Strategic Account Executive will report to the Senior Vice President, Director, Strategic Account Executives.
Customer Relations -
• Develop and strengthen a trusted relationship with the customer while serving as the primary Leidos senior voice to that customer.
• Ensure a coherent, integrated Leidos message to the customer while promoting corporate capabilities and solutions to meet customer needs.
• Build, improve and manage significant key individual customer relationships.
• Promote/introduce corporate capabilities and solutions to the customer (leverage internal teaming to introduce new service and solution offerings). Take a bigger view of Leidos and the market.
• Possess an in-depth understanding of both the customer's and Leidos business.
• Possess an in-depth understanding of the account's competitive landscape (including competitors/teaming partners).
• Develop and track a strategic Call Plan which includes regular, periodic meetings with strategically relevant customer contacts.
• Host senior customer visits to Leidos, and arrange visits to customer sites, as appropriate.
• Serve as Government Affairs liaison to the customer.
Strategic Communications -
• Define Leidos to the customer by communicating the full breadth and depth of Leidos' services and solutions that can support the customer's mission.
• Define the customer to Leidos by ensuring Leidos understands customer needs and trends.
• Communicate account information horizontally across all Leidos Groups to aid in their business development and program execution.
• Establish a collaboration and information reporting capability to support customer information and track emerging opportunities, issues and results.
• Provide senior customers an avenue to communicate satisfaction/dissatisfaction with Leidos performance.
• Communicate internally across Leidos at least quarterly to facilitate planning and execution while disseminating customer information and tracking emerging opportunities, issues and results.
Strategic Planning -
• Coordinate an account management team in creating, distributing and updating a strategic Account Management Plan that shapes/supports corporate strategic and annual planning efforts for the customer.
• Assess customer's direction, trends and strategic opportunities in the 3-5 year time horizon providing results to strategic captures and campaigns, and to internal leaders. Help develop new ideas and solutions to capture new business. Contribute to strategic planning by providing insights as to the evolution of and changes in Department of
Veteran Affairs' missions, mission approaches, and funding profiles. Participate creatively in identifying novel solutions for key Veteran Affairs needs. Show leadership in critical analysis of published Veteran Affairs plans to reflect senior judgment.
• Contribute to Corporate Competitive Intelligence efforts by providing insights, assessments and recommendations on customer, partner and competitor activities, intentions and trends.
• Coordinate and attend meetings with line management to identify and shape strategic approaches to the customer.
Portfolio Management -
• Act as the primary point of coordination for any Leidos organization seeking entry into the account to develop business with the customer.
• Facilitate identification of the right Leidos capabilities and resources for identified opportunities. Actively contribute to the development of new ideas and solutions to capture new business to increase Leidos' market share in the account.
• Coordinate with line management to identify and resolve/mitigate OCI issues as they emerge. Work with strategic, line and business development to identify future businesses we want to enter, ensuring we do not OCI ourselves out of that work.
• Work with designated capture and campaign teams to shape customer opportunities.
• Identify specific growth opportunities, including merger & acquisition and teaming opportunities, within the customer base.
• Contribute to opportunity preparation and capture strategy to include participation on "color" and review teams.
• Grow the pipeline of qualified targets.
General Account Oversight -
• Manage all account-specific resources to the budgets established in the Account Management Plan.
• Conduct customer assessments on contract/task performance and provide feedback to the line organizations.
• Facilitate, with account line management, the resolution of any conflicting internal or customer-based issues.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 15+ years extensive professional knowledge with progressive leadership experience. MBA preferred.
• Must possess extensive understanding of Government customers, doctrine, concepts, and requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to develop new ideas and quickly apply ideas to help direct solution development for specific problems to support quantitative top line growth numbers.
• Ability to track changing needs and match Leidos' wide range of capabilities to these needs.
• Proven ability to work in a complex, multi-faceted organization with a wide range of customer offerings. Ability to develop, and sustain customer relationships at all requisite levels. Excellent oral and written communication skills and able to communicate at multiple levels of the organization.
Key personal attributes for success in this role include: Demonstrated self-initiator and self-learner. Strong team player and team builder. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret/SCI