Are you interested in continuing your career in Europe in a mission focused environment? Leidos Defense Group has established upcoming positions throughout the European theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense on a newly awarded contract. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement of EUCOM's mission objectives.
What You'll Get to Do:
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Network Administrator and COMSEC Manager. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US EUCOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
The Network Administrator is responsible for maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting, repairing and supporting switching and routing devices, firewalls, load balancers, alarmed carrier devices, uninterruptable power supplies, and in-line network encryption devices, which deliver the Command's network transport capabilities. They configure devices in accordance with security policies.
In this role, you will be required to:
• Operate, maintain, and manage the LAN infrastructure (e.g., switching and routing devices, firewalls, load balancers, alarmed carrier devices, uninterruptible power supplies, in-line network encryption devices).
• Provide VIP fly-away comms support.
• Coordinate hardware and software system installation and ensures specifications are met.
• Create and maintain thorough documentation for all incident resolutions and troubleshooting instructions in the Knowledge Databases.
• Work with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensuring that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule.
• Maintain IP address schemes for all assigned networks, and annually review and update the Master IP Routing Schema.
• Troubleshoot and correct all detected or reported network faults or outages.
• Provide assistance via remote access, phone, or in person. Candidates need excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as extensive experience with network hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity.
• Demonstrate customer service-oriented nature and proactive approach in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of resources
• Possess excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as thorough knowledge of network hardware, software and connections. T
• Provide first line fault monitoring on the customers networks making best use of available network management tools; Identify, isolate and classify network faults identified either manually or via available network management tools
• Receive, confirm, and classify network reported faults identified by customers or performance management tools.
• Demonstrate knowledge in communications security for monitoring, operating and maintaining cryptographic devices.
• Communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, have strong leadership skills, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
• Work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
• Possess experience in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
• Providing remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
Your COMSEC management and custodial duties will include:
• Maintaining multiple Secure Communication devices across the Enterprise; providing cryptographic support to customers across the Enterprise;
• Maintaining accurate accounting records; maintaining current inventory of all Controlled Cryptographic Items (CCI) material; evaluate and monitor health and performance of the communications security services including hardware and management software.
• Developing and maintaining a road map for capabilities, operations, and technologies; assist with development and execution of test plans and supporting documentation of all communications security configuration upgrades, additions or revisions for customer approval before implementation
• Following all customer network security processes and procedures, ensures compliance with all Government policies.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Must hold and maintain an active Top Secret/SCI Clearance
BA/BS + 4 years, or AA/AS +6 years, or a major cert + 8 years or 9 years of recent specialized experience
CompTIA Security + (IAT Level II 8570 or greater)
Experience with Cisco Routers and Switches
Experience with COMSEC devices, materials, and security processes
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
ITIL v3 - Foundation
Experience with Video Teleconferencing (VTC) systems and networking
Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
Experience with DoD IT security requirements
External referral eligible