Are you interested in continuing your career in Europe in a mission focused environment? Leidos Defense Group has established upcoming positions throughout the European theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense for a newly awarded contract. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement EUCOM's mission objectives.
What You'll Get to Do:
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Computer Support Administrator (CSA). This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US EUCOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting and repairing personal computer systems, hardware, software, computer peripherals, and AV equipment.
- Assisting employees via remote access, phone, or in person.
- Mentoring or training other Computer Support Administrators.
- Demonstrating excellent customer service skills, and possessing extensive experience with desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity.
- Being customer service-oriented and proactive in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of computing resources. Selected candidates may be required to provision and maintain mobile devices (NIPR, SIPR).
- Communicating clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Working in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Using and demonstrating experience in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- Supporting systems and applications on a geographically dispersed Windows client-based Enterprise network. Installing, configuring and maintaining desktop and laptop PCs, mobile devices and peripherals, such as printers.
- Installing and configuring application and operating system software and upgrades.
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex issues and work with other teams to identify root cause and resolution.
- Performing multiple device configuration including personal device support and configuration.
- Removing old equipment and performing data migration to new machines.
- Implementing and administering infrastructure services like FTP, IIS, DNS, DHCP, and GPOs.
- Analyzing user needs for business applications.
- Researching alternatives and proposes solutions.
- Coordinating hardware and software system installation and ensures specifications are met.
- Creating and maintaining thorough documentation for all desktop solutions and troubleshooting instructions in the Knowledge Databases.
- Working with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensuring that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule.
- Providing remote support and/or travel to customer sites as required.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Must hold and maintain an active Top Secret/SCI Clearance
- BA/BS + 4 years, or AA/AS +6 years, or a major cert + 8 years or 9 years of recent specialized experience
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) Windows 10/Office 365
- CompTIA Security + (IAT Level II or greater)
- TESA eligibility
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- ITIL v3 - Foundation
- Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
- Experience working with basic networking to include foundations of Cisco Routers and Switches