Leidos currently has an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Cyber Security Engineer located at our San Diego offices. In this role, you will provide technical and operational support to C4ISR programs in the Integrated Cyberspace Operations domain to modernize existing capabilities and address potential computer network vulnerabilities. Position requires an active DoD Secret security clearance for consideration.
- Coordinate with various development teams, program personnel, and SMEs to ensure all capabilities are properly tested, trouble reports are properly written, and test documentation is updated to show latest status of the capabilities.
- Assist in production and delivery of monthly progress reports with level-of-effort, cost expenditures, and status of tasks for web application development, high-level test.
- Participate in developing and performing stakeholder demonstrations and operational field testing of developed capabilities and producing briefing artifacts relevant to the test and evaluation events.
- Support future design concepts and user interfaces including developing story boards for where developed capabilities could best be adapted to future Concepts-of-Employment (CONEMPs).
- Coordinate software engineering expertise in the area of network protocol implementation, development, and transport of data payloads over unreliable and/or high-latency communications links. Candidate will develop architecture diagrams for prototype software in conjunction with SMEs.
- Perform system analysis, architecture, engineering, and integration services for technology transition to include reviewing, analyzing and suggesting changes required to national security policy and naval guidelines.
- This work will require trade studies to assess cost and benefit to practice and policy recommendations for adopting changes.
- Facilitate transition of algorithms and/or software to include system analysis, identifying architecture change required for technology insertion, and providing engineering integration services. Activities include reviewing, analyzing and suggesting changes required to systems for adopting technology. This includes supporting Information Assurance (lA) required for software used in classified environments to include Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) products and security and vulnerability scanning tools.
- Primary places of performances for this opportunity include U.S. Navy facilities and vessels as well as Leidos facilities in the greater San Diego area.
- Must possess an active Secret clearance and be eligible for a Top Secret clearance.
- Bachelor's degree and 12-15 years' relevant experience working in the areas of cybersecurity, threat assessment, intelligence analysis and information operations.
- Must be familiar with advanced networking experience to include configuration of Cisco routers and related equipment.
- Experience working within the U.S. Navy SPAWAR, SPAWAR Systems Center Pacific, U.S. and Fleet CYBERCOM communities.
- Candidate must have strong communication and collaborative skills in interacting with technical and management personnel, work well with others in a team environment, and be able to teach technical concepts to staff members.
- Training and certifications may be required within six months of project start to include at a minimum meeting requirements of the Cyber Security Work Force (CSWF) level I and II certification for Unix and Windows OS and Server.