Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a motivated, Lead Software Engineer in Arnold, MO. An ACTIVE TS/SCI level security clearance and willingness to obtain a POLY if requested is REQUIRED for consideration.
The Technology stack includes Ruby, Elastic Search/ELK, AWS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry. We are looking for an experienced leader, to mentor junior engineers and help drive a more efficient technical solution. The contract supports a government customer across the US, and provides infrastructure support services, virtualization, and support to data centers. A successful candidate will play a leading role in the design, development, and architecture of an enterprise-wide software.
A successful candidate has experience in the following:
- ElasticSearch, ELK AWS, Ruby, Pivotal Cloud Foundry Refactoring existing solutions to provide significant enhancements
- Resolves highly complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations
- Factors emerging technologies and product supportability into design and implementation
- Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials
- Present analysis reports to management and customer personnel
- Serves as a customer interface to resolve problems
- Ensure requirements are met on a timely basis
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software developers
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience. Masters Degree preferred.
- 10-15 years of related software development experience
- Experience with Elastic Search/ELK
- Experience interacting with AWS, Ruby, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Experience with cloud orchestration tools (i.e. Chef, Ansible)
- Experience writing scripts using Perl and Python
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
- Strong desire and experience solving technical and geospatial related problems using technology
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills
- TS/SCI clearance required
"External Referral Eligible"