Leidos is seeking a Consulting Employee/Senior Software Engineer who will be an integral member of the team working the Israel Common ARTS program. The Israel Airport Authority (IAA) Common ARTS program is providing capabilities to improve air traffic operations.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
• Define requirements for the: design, software development and sustaining engineering support through a product's lifecycle
• Derive requirements to meet customer needs
• Interface with other functional areas to ensure complete understanding of the requirements for complete and accurate implementation
• Develop and maintain the IAA air traffic control software (primarily C/C++) on a UNIX/Linux platform
• Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing FAA requirements
• Write tests for modified and new code to ensure compatibility and stability
• Provide support to systems engineering and test engineering
List the "must have" MINIMUM requirements to be considered for the position and ensure minimum quals fall within the minimum Leidos job code requirements. Example: Bachelors' Degree with 6 years' of applicable experience or 4 additional years' of experience in lieu of degree. Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance. Must have 2+ years JAVA experience.
• Typically requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
• Software engineering experience on large software development programs
• Systems and software engineering experience including
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing, and collaborate across team boundaries, and with customers
• Ability to assess system changes and determine system impact
• Proficient in the C and C++ programming languages
• Experience in the use of UNIX and Linux operating systems
• Strong integration skills
• Strong communication skills
List additional skills and experience that is "nice to have" but not required.
Common ARTS program knowledge
Experience with Leidos System and Software Engineering Processes