The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) currently has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to develop physics-based, multi-phenomenology sensor modeling, simulation, and rendering software in Chantilly, VA for the Electronic Warfare and Signal Intelligence division. The division's primarily focus is on research & development and advanced prototyping. Projects involve small, multi-disciplinary teams of engineers working together in spiral or agile development environments to meet aggressive customer schedules aimed at near-term capability demonstrations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the design and development of advanced systems as a part of multi-disciplinary teams. These teams are made up of other software team members and subject matter experts from the areas of systems engineering, hardware, software, firmware, machine learning, and image and signal processing.
- Designing, implementing, and testing Java based software codes for performing physics-based modeling, simulation and rendering tasks associated with various sensor modalities and concepts of operation (CONOPs).
- Continued development and maintenance of a suite of core algorithms and foundation libraries for use by other Leidos application front ends.
- Supporting continuous integration and DevOps based development, including automated build, unit tests and documentation generation.
The successful candidate will have the following education/experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science w/ emphasis on Computer Simulation, Computer Graphics and/or Computer Vision with 2 plus years of relevant experience
- 2-4 years of Java (and/or C/C++) object oriented software development experience
- Experience using Agile and DevOps software tools (Jira, Git/BitBucket, Bamboo, etc.)
- Experience / understanding of a wide assortment of sensor phenomenologies and physical principles, including those affecting electro-optical (EO) and synthetic aperture radar (SAR) imagery, and radio frequency ( RF) wave propagation
- Experience with computational geometry and numerical methods
- Experience / understanding of satellite orbital modeling and propagation methods, including SGP4
- Master's Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent with 2 years of relevant experience
- Existing security clearance
- Experience with the Eclipse integrated development environment (IDE) and Maven dependency management
- Experience developing for Apache Tomcat web applications
- Experience with cloud-based applications using ActiveMQ message broker
- Experience with Machine Learning and/or Artificial Intelligence algorithms and libraries
- Experience with High Performance Computing including parallel and distributed computation
- Experience with Model-Based design code generation practices
- Experience with cloud-based computing platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Experience with other programming languages such as MATLAB and Python