Data Center Manager oversees facilities that contains large amounts of computer hardware, including servers and networking appliances. Data Center Managers oversees server maintenance and inventory, customer service and manage equipment maintenance tasks such as managing custom upgrades; cable replacement, components and accessories; maintaining records and drawing schematics of the center to detail what equipment is installed, and supports data recovery efforts.
- Manages scheduling to ensure SLAs and project deliveries are met
- Experience working logistics in a cleared environment including IT equipment disposition
- Prior experience leading and motivating a diverse, technical workforce through influence
- Knowledge of physical IT infrastructure (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
- Knowledge of physical CE infrastructures & equipment (e.g. UPS, Generator, AHU, etc.)
- Performs and execute organization's safety programs and policies, and compliance knowledge assessments
- Site Service Technician: duties include but not limited to, break fixes and RMAs, and hardware support.
- Monitor data center power and air conditioning and report power loss or deficiencies.
- Perform infrastructure capacity planning and ensure system environments are adequately scalable for anticipated growth and availability.
- Oversees the Inventory & Asset Management Team that is responsible for material movement, shipping & receiving, inventory management, stocking, and cycle counts
- Inspect and manage rack installs of accuracy and compliance.
- Setup and configuring of all racks to deploy on the network.
- Server rack moving, installing, grounding, Cable Management, wiring (with CAT 5 or fiber), installing of surge protectors, and the adjustment of the racks to properly fit different size servers.
- Written/Oral Communications Skills
- Interpersonal Communication
- Must have a fundamental understanding HVAC requirements.
- Organization and Planning Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Customer Relations/Service Skills
- Planning/Organization/Development Skills
- Candidate must have a Bachelors with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- CompTIA Security+, Net+, A+
An active TS/SCI with polygraph is required to be considered for this position
Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.