The Civil Group at Leidos is seeking a Environmental Occupational Health and Safety (EOSH) Professional / Industrial Hygienist (with asbestos experience) to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC III) team.
In this role, you will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Services Group (AJW-23) for Air Traffic Organization (ATO) by providing Subject Matter Expertise to gather and track progress at FAA storage facilities used to contain lead, asbestos, and other hazardous materials.
Activities may include gathering facility information, tracking facility improvement progress, report generation, and communicating with FAA personnel at facilities.
The position will be located in the Washington DC commuting area.
Primary Responsibilities for the role include:
- Obtain, update, and track facility information pertaining to asbestos, lead, or other hazardous materials.
- Assist with prioritizing projects and field needs.
- Interact with many levels of professionals: SECMs, SSCMs, TOMs, PIMs, engineers, EOSH professionals, and other field personnel for project information and tracking purposes.
- Provide technical assistance in developing statements of work, project entries for the FAA Corporate Work Plan, sampling strategies, and other OSH project needs.
- Perform site visits and create trip reports.
- Review and critique documents. Compare to Federal, state, and local regulations, including consensus standards where applicable.
- Arrange and attend meetings and telecons with stakeholders. Prepare agendas, documents, and other items to support these functions.
- Bachelor of science degree (4-years) from an accredited college/university
- 5 or more years of industrial hygiene experience
- 2 or more years of asbestos experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- FAA experienced strongly desired.