Job Requisition:Computer Operator
Leidos has an opening for a Computer Operator in Albany NY.
The Computer Operator Il will process predefined and ADHOC tasks on a daily basis; Operators maintain HelpDesk logbooks or operating records as outlined by MIS procedures. Provides updates to Manager Computer Operations regarding jobs that run and events that occur during their shift. Must anticipate problems and take preventive action, as well as solve problems that occur during operations. Replacement of user peripherals as requested, clean and identify users printer, terminals, PC's and communication lines; maintain the Computer Room and equipment within guidelines. Off hours telecommunications responsibilities at all sites.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Please note that every effort has been made to make your position description as complete as possible. However it in no way states or implies that these shall be the only duties you may be required to perfòrm.)
- Provide timely system and/or personal response to user requests for assistance.
- Validates and creates electronic claims for Acute Care and Affiliates for Medicare, Medicaid BC/BS ,CDPHP and MVP.
- Replace and re-configure user hardware as appropriate.
- Replace line printer, Laser toners, and ribbons. Vacuum printers as appropriate,
- Activate/ de-activate and process tasks as appropriate.
- Perform networldsystem file/Module backup (s) as directed.
- Maintain appropriate communications via system and manual log entry.
- Work shifts assigned as result of illness, vacation, MIS workload, or other departmental needs.
- Review processed tasks for errors and completeness .
- Modify/create/ provide documentation as directed.
- Develop MIS work schedule and logs as directed.
- Contact vendors to request hardware/software maintenance or service, as directed or as stated in MIS procedure.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment
- Ability to develop a cooperative and constructive working relationship with all, while performing job responsibilities.
- Ability to obtain detailed and concise information regarding Users and Vendors.
- Exhibit a professional, courteous, polite, and efficient manner.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma. AAS in a computer related field, or equivalent experience is desirable.
- 2-3 years hands on computer operations, preferably in a Meditech environment.
- PC TECHNOLOGY and IS HelpDesk background.
- Ability to read and interpret vendor and departmental documentation.
- A basic understanding of Business and Hospital terminology.
- Wide range of past, current and new technologies;
- Knowledge of Electronic Claims Submission, ability to validate and create;
- Ability to operate Microsoft Windows (1998, 2000, XP)
- PC TECHNOLOGY and IS HelpDesk background;
- Ability to read and interpret vendor and departmental documentation;
- A basic understanding of Business and Hospital terminology;
- Familiarity with DOS and other high level languages;
- Ability to replace and re-configure printers, terminal servers, and monitors.
- Ability to operate in a Meditech based environment as outlined by MIS procedure.
- Familiar with telecommunications protocol.
Ability to effectively diagnose, prioritize, resolve and communicate computer operations problems as directed by MIS policies.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Computer Operations1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.