Job Requisition:careC2 Software Architect
The Leidos Health Products & Service Group has openings for Software Architects with experience in the healthcare or commercial software industry to deliver innovative Healthcare commercial products, services or a combination of products and services that address customer's specific business problems.
This position will MUST be based out of our office in Morgantown, WV.
The responsibilities for this position include requirements definition, enterprise architecture definition, application functional and technical design, external software interface design, integration, test and generation of supporting engineering artifacts.
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Evaluates existing and emerging technologies to enable system/software architecture alternatives to address functional/non-functional product needs to include cost, schedule, risk, and supportability for enterprise applications.
- Develops solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices.
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and extensibility
- Communicate all concepts related to overall system/software architecture to multiple product development teams
- Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of software architecture and workflows.
- Oversee progress of product development team to ensure consistency with agreed upon system/software architecture
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
Anticipated travel for this role is 25%, dependent upon the stage of the program.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 8-12 years of experience or;
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 6-10 years of experience
- Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with software architectures and complex systems to support product functional / non-function requirements
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Set (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket)
- Proven hands on development experience within the last 5 years utilizing Java 8+ and web service technologies (REST / SOAP)
- Experience with cloud computing environments
- Experience with system API specifications to enable effective system-to-system communications via web technologies
- Experience with SaaS delivery platforms
- Experience with integrating human-centric design
- Experience with Health field related enterprise applications
- Experience with SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering3000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.