Leidos has an opening for a Computer Operator in Albany NY.
The Computer Operator Il will process predefined and ADHOC tasks on a daily basis; Operators maintain HelpDesk logbooks or operating records as outlined by MIS procedures. Provides updates to Manager Computer Operations regarding jobs that run and events that occur during their shift. Must anticipate problems and take preventive action, as well as solve problems that occur during operations. Replacement of user peripherals as requested, clean and identify users printer, terminals, PC's and communication lines; maintain the Computer Room and equipment within guidelines. Off hours telecommunications responsibilities at all sites.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Please note that every effort has been made to make your position description as complete as possible. However it in no way states or implies that these shall be the only duties you may be required to perfòrm.)
- Provide timely system and/or personal response to user requests for assistance.
- Validates and creates electronic claims for Acute Care and Affiliates for Medicare, Medicaid BC/BS ,CDPHP and MVP.
- Replace and re-configure user hardware as appropriate.
- Replace line printer, Laser toners, and ribbons. Vacuum printers as appropriate,
- Activate/ de-activate and process tasks as appropriate.
- Perform networldsystem file/Module backup (s) as directed.
- Maintain appropriate communications via system and manual log entry.
- Work shifts assigned as result of illness, vacation, MIS workload, or other departmental needs.
- Review processed tasks for errors and completeness .
- Modify/create/ provide documentation as directed.
- Develop MIS work schedule and logs as directed.
- Contact vendors to request hardware/software maintenance or service, as directed or as stated in MIS procedure.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment
- Ability to develop a cooperative and constructive working relationship with all, while performing job responsibilities.
- Ability to obtain detailed and concise information regarding Users and Vendors.
- Exhibit a professional, courteous, polite, and efficient manner.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma. AAS in a computer related field, or equivalent experience is desirable.
- 2-3 years hands on computer operations, preferably in a Meditech environment.
- PC TECHNOLOGY and IS HelpDesk background.
- Ability to read and interpret vendor and departmental documentation.
- A basic understanding of Business and Hospital terminology.
- Wide range of past, current and new technologies;
- Knowledge of Electronic Claims Submission, ability to validate and create;
- Ability to operate Microsoft Windows (1998, 2000, XP)
- PC TECHNOLOGY and IS HelpDesk background;
- Ability to read and interpret vendor and departmental documentation;
- A basic understanding of Business and Hospital terminology;
- Familiarity with DOS and other high level languages;
- Ability to replace and re-configure printers, terminal servers, and monitors.
- Ability to operate in a Meditech based environment as outlined by MIS procedure.
- Familiar with telecommunications protocol.
Ability to effectively diagnose, prioritize, resolve and communicate computer operations problems as directed by MIS policies.