The Leidos CIO Services Enterprise Cloud Management (ECM) program is seeking a Lead Cloud Engineer to lead a multi-dimensional DevOps team of technical professionals to implement the Leidos cloud computing architecture within commercial cloud service providers -as part of CIO Services' hybrid cloud solution. Collaborate with Leidos stakeholders to collect and analyze business requirements against current and planned cloud product/service offerings; develop user stories, tasks, and personnel assignments for deployments in public cloud services to include AWS, Azure, and potentially other Cloud Service Providers. Work with Leidos cloud architects to develop standards for interoperability, DevOps pipelines, and automation of cloud services in go-forward architectures for Enterprise Computing (Data Center), End User Computing, IT Service Management and Networking, and supporting application development and/or migration.
Primary Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
• Cost, schedule and technical performance for the DevOps team and product/service deliveries throughout the life cycle
• Day to day management of engineering resources for cloud development efforts, managing aspects of the system/ application development life cycle, from initial concept development through deployment and sustainment.
• Provide technical oversight and lead coordination efforts across the cloud engineering team to ensure solutions satisfy customer and business needs with minimal impact to other functional areas.
• Coordinate closely with leadership and engineering team members to establish a clear understanding of technical approach, drive design choices, and develop effective technology deployment strategies that allow for future growth and improvements.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and via production of documentation) with stakeholders across the organization to gain the necessary support for the successful integration of new technologies and enhancements to existing systems.
• Establish and enforce standard procedures for infrastructure as software and API design change and management that include an impact analysis, coordination of activities across functional areas of the organization, and documentation.
• Deployment of cloud environments with a focus on AWS and Azure, demonstrate technical cloud engineering knowledge, playing a vital role in the implementation of DevOps release and deployment cycles, security best practices, and change management.
• Support the Chief Architect with the delivery of customer Cloud Strategies and solutions, aligned with customer's business objectives and with a focus on Cloud Migrations.
• Support ECM services and Line of Business application migration methodologies and techniques within in large regulated enterprise environments.
• Deliver technical briefings to senior leadership and stakeholders as warranted.
• Proven success developing and delivering cloud based services for enterprise organizations
• Experience in developing release and deployment plans of cloud, compute and storage services, security services, IaaS/PaaS services, and patching services.
• Strong understanding across cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data API management) to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs.
• 6+ years' experience as an IT Infrastructure Engineer, with current focus on public cloud environments.
• 3+ years of experience as a Lead Cloud Engineer with hands-on experience in multiple, diverse cloud, network, infrastructure, systems, security, and automation technologies.
• Previous experience in product development, design, architecture and engineering for private cloud, Fedramp cloud services, and infrastructure as a service
• Strong documentation and collaboration skills, dealing with complex cloud solutions supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
• Experience working in an agile development environment and using tools such as Jira
• Expertise in managing cloud, network, infrastructure architecture projects and operations across multiple IT disciplines.
• Effective communication skills both oral and written and an ability to work in a rapid paced team environment
• Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of IT experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
• 3+ years of hands-on experience working with public cloud environments and services
• Previous AWS or Azure migration skills and experience.
• Relevant Industry certifications such on Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• US Citizen, and eligible to obtain a federal security clearance.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent
• Extensive knowledge of public cloud technologies and services with broad understanding of developing and building leading edge IT technologies in public cloud
• Experience in leading a team applying all elements of Technical Consulting
• Exposure and working level knowledge of working with and interfacing to global delivery teams