Exciting and challenging Lead Finance position supporting the Commercial Managed IT Services (MITS) business within the Leidos Health Group. This position allows for a unique experience that blends traditional FP&A and program finance activities with more unusual activities only seen in a commercial startup. Individual career growth opportunities will also be enabled as the business grows.
This positon will lead the cost management of a new program that includes 400+ employees and >$120M in revenue over 5 years. Cost management activities associated with this large commercial hospital system contract will span multiple contract types (FFP and T&M) and a variety of expenses including Contract Direct, Indirect Overhead and Resource Management. This position will work closely with the MITS F&BO Senior Division Manager, Program Manager and PMO Office to finalize the program cost baseline, manage the indirect overhead rate for the program and running the day-to-day activities of the program relating to cost.
- Develop and maintain program cost baselines.
- Analyze program performance including identification of trailing costs, misalignments in charging, and variance analysis activities.
- Complete Estimates at Completion (EAC) processes, working with the program team to develop to-go cost estimates (ETCs).
- Develop and prepare the financial materials for operational and financial leadership.
- Measure and maintain performance against key AOP metrics such as Revenue, Expense, OI, Cash, DWC and DSO.
- Track and reconcile backlog by utilizing and validating metrics such as awards, factoring, debooks and other adjustments.
- Track and reconcile subcontract purchase orders and cost performance and work with the MITS subcontract team on new purchase order set-up, WBS guidance.
- Track and maintain program contract logs, value and funding; SPA tracking when necessary.
- Track FFP and T&M monthly invoices, invoice contract log and T&M rate management and analysis.
- Identify and communicate areas of concern to both operational and financial leadership when identified in a timely manner.
- Work with cross-functional teams including contracts, procurement, revenue accounting, technical accounting, AR, AP, program excellence and treasury organizations.
- Support New Business opportunities, ad-hoc pricing and strategic modeling.
Bachelor' degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience required.
Comprehensive knowledge of the Project Control and FP&A disciplines, with an understanding of major accounting concepts and multiple contract types.
Strong leadership skills to help develop an evolving team.
Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
Ability think out of the box, making processes more efficient and balance competing priorities to meet deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Proficiency in Microsoft MS Excel (e.g. lookup, what-of, if/then, IRR, NPV, formulas), an ability to perform financial modeling to support business needs and outlooks..
Experience with financial tools including CostPoint, Fusion and Hyperion-LPAS and ad-hoc EDW querying.