Job Requisition:Chief Engineer for Unmanned Surface Vessels
Leidos is seeking a Chief Engineer to support our growing Unmanned Surface Vessel (USV) programs with proven outstanding leadership and client skills to lead numerous USV projects within the Leidos Maritime Systems Division. This work will be performed in our Long Beach, MS facility.
The chosen candidate will lead a diverse team of electrical/electronic engineers, mechanical engineers, naval architects, software engineers, technicians, and assemblers. The Chief Engineer will provide the technical leadership to help direct the activities of Leidos and subcontractor personnel. The Chief Engineer will lead the technical team on Firm Fixed Price and Cost Plus contracts: provide input to budgets, schedules, and work plans, and work with the Program Manager to ensure that contractual deliverables are completed and accepted on time and within the allocated budget.
- Coordinate and prepare for daily, weekly, and ad hoc meetings, to include development of agendas
- Work with the Lead System Engineer to ensure technical requirements are allocated to the correct configuration items and that design and development are meeting those requirements
- Review and approve drawings generated by the naval architects, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and software engineers.
- Work within an ISO 9001 QMS, developing and delivering technical data packages.
- Guide, review, and approve ship arrangements to ensure designs meet NAVSEA, MIL-SPEC, and ABS requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or related field coupled with 13+ years related technical experience or a Master’s degree with 10+ years of related experience
- Familiarity with ABS HSNC specifications for ship design
- Familiarity with NAVSEA and MIL-SPECS associated with Navy shipbuilding
- ISO 9001 experience
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Direct ship yard experience
- NAVSEA experience
- Engineering Duty Officer experience aboard US Navy ship
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering3000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.