Job Requisition:Antarctic Planning & Controls Manager
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
The Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) is seeking a Planning and Controls Manager to lead all planning and controls activities across the program for sustaining operations and maintenance (O&M) effort and capital construction projects. The Planning and Controls Manager will work in concert with the Project Management Organization and ASC O&M functional organizations to effectively plan strategic and tactical level execution plans to meet the mission of scientific research and modernization effort for the National Science Foundation in Antarctica. The Planning and Controls Manager will lead a team of schedulers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages the Planning & Controls Group
- Process owner for an enterprise resource loaded Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Leads the effort to level load resources across stations to ensure all personnel and equipment assets are appropriately planned
- Interacts with Antarctica Station Area Managers
- Attends Leadership and Operational Meetings
- Assists with Proposals as needed
- Lead the development of Monthly Project Reports and data collection and analysis
- Develop and monitor functional staffing plans and hire and maintain project controls staff in accordance with plans
2. Leads Change Management Processes
- Identifies key change activities
- Provides thought leadership for key initiatives
3. Manages Primavera Tool
- Provides Baseline Control and ensures compliance with company procedures for Earned Value Management
- Data export to COBRA for labor hours
- Data management and report generation for Resource Hours for Control Account Managers
- “What-if” scenarios for schedule drivers
4. Schedule and Project Reporting
- Milestone Reports
- Critical Path Assessment Method
- Evaluate labor and cost manpower requirements against budget constraints
- Produce and maintain accurate project schedules and understand schedule resource loading
- Coordinate with Project Managers and Customer to produce Business and technical project documents
- Bachelor’s Degree in planning, scheduling, business management or related field
- Minimum of 12 years of planning/scheduling experience
- Demonstrated experience with Primavera
- Knowledge of Earned Value tools and principles
- Knowledge of ANSI-748 Earned Value principles and GAO Best Scheduling Practices preferred
- Experience with government contracting preferred
- Experience with multi-sub/multi-tenant contracts preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting planning and schedule reports
- Creative problem solving skills
- Group facilitation skills
- Proven work experience on several projects or a portfolio of projects
- Proactive issue management and implementation of corrective actions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to manage remote employees
- Possess scope control and change management proven knowledge
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Program Financial Control1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.