Leidos is seeking a Chief Engineer to support our growing Unmanned Surface Vessel (USV) programs with proven outstanding leadership and client skills to lead numerous USV projects within the Leidos Maritime Systems Division. This work will be performed in our Long Beach, MS facility.
The chosen candidate will lead a diverse team of electrical/electronic engineers, mechanical engineers, naval architects, software engineers, technicians, and assemblers. The Chief Engineer will provide the technical leadership to help direct the activities of Leidos and subcontractor personnel. The Chief Engineer will lead the technical team on Firm Fixed Price and Cost Plus contracts: provide input to budgets, schedules, and work plans, and work with the Program Manager to ensure that contractual deliverables are completed and accepted on time and within the allocated budget.
- Coordinate and prepare for daily, weekly, and ad hoc meetings, to include development of agendas
- Work with the Lead System Engineer to ensure technical requirements are allocated to the correct configuration items and that design and development are meeting those requirements
- Review and approve drawings generated by the naval architects, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and software engineers.
- Work within an ISO 9001 QMS, developing and delivering technical data packages.
- Guide, review, and approve ship arrangements to ensure designs meet NAVSEA, MIL-SPEC, and ABS requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or related field coupled with 13+ years related technical experience or a Master's degree with 10+ years of related experience
- Familiarity with ABS HSNC specifications for ship design
- Familiarity with NAVSEA and MIL-SPECS associated with Navy shipbuilding
- ISO 9001 experience
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Direct ship yard experience
- NAVSEA experience
- Engineering Duty Officer experience aboard US Navy ship