Leidos has a career opening for a Network Engineer (RF- Request Fulfillment) in Pearl Harbor, HI.
The Request Fulfillment (RF) HNS-Ops Service Delivery Engineer Ensures customer Service Request requirements are technically sufficient, funded, and in accordance with applicable regulations.
• Provide expert consultation to customers to assist in defining and specifying their telecommunications requirements and allocating appropriate HNS/DISN resources against those requirements.
• Use the PCR/Communications Management Information Tool (COMIT) to provide full service provisioning support to DOD and other authorized customers.
• Evaluate requests for appropriate disposition and solution set.
• Facilitate solution set either by direct configuration of switched voice system assets or thru coordination with appropriate external solution providers and/or implementers.
• Track and document all provisioning progress and milestones from order receipt thru order completion and delivery of service/product.
• Bachelor's degree and 5+ yrs of experience; equivalent job experience can be substituted for a degree.
• Experience in using the PCR/Communications Management Information Tool (COMIT) to facilitate HNS products service delivery and management.
• Possesses thorough knowledge of a broad range of currently fielded HNS and DISN systems and associated hardware incorporated into the Global Information Grid (GIG), as well as knowledge of current/future development activities in both the Department of Defense (DOD) and commercial sector.
• Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on provisioning efforts and activity.
• Familiarization of DOD regulations and directives.
• Knowledge of various vendor telecommunications equipment, e.g., Cisco, Avaya, Nortel, Juniper, Promina, etc.
• Understanding of physical cable plant.
• ITIL Certification.
• 8570 Certification.
• Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
External Referral Eligible